View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011, 01:39 PM
pixie of the wood

Send a message via Yahoo to wyndhy
here, not only are we cutting the school budget by hundreds of millions, we are increasing the prison, et al budget.

now...follow me here...since the structure, nuance and nature of these budget cuts end up hurting city districts most (read: high per capita crime), there will be less money for after school programs. less productive stuff to do equals more crime. more crime needs more money in the budget to fight and punish. if this trend continues, in a generation's time, a city may very well be spending many times more than the initial school budget cuts per year to house and deter all the petty criminals for whom a lack of even a little good influence was tantamount to enabling.

The forest would be very quiet if no other birds sang than those who sing the best * Henry van Dyke

some fairly sordid tales, rambles, and anecdotes
Hypothetically Speaking * Something More * Cammy Interrupted * An Experimental Vacation * Masked * so..damn..hot * Thank You * My toy, his idea * no.19 Maple Lane * I Have A Surprise For You * Yesterday * In a Quiet Kitchen * help me decide * untitled prose * more untitled prose