View Single Post
Old 06-05-2009, 03:56 PM
Pixies Horse Widower

Send a message via ICQ to dm383
Hey everybody - thanks so much for all your good thoughts!

Lil - I'm NOT scared...... I'm fuckin' terrified!! But I'd be properly fritted if I didn't know what was what, so I count myself lucky in that regard.

I penned a wee thing for another forum I frequent, that some of you might like; here it is.

Initial impressions were not good - several glimpses through the opening and closing door to the scanners' lair revealed a quiescent, yet somehow slightly threatening, huge, beige polo-mint, dominating the room with a quiet menace.

And so to the main event. Sliding onto the hard, leatherette bench, knots in the ties of the back-to-front hospital gown digging in to my back, venflon poking out through the skin of my arm like some kind of high-tech mole, I wait as the machine begins to beep and grunt.

Suddenly the bench moves, jerking slightly as it disappears into the bowels of the machine, carrying me with it - a reluctant passenger tonight. Back it goes, returning to it's original position to allow the very attractive young lady to appear over my head and re-adjust the venflon in my arm before, once again, the machine does it's impersonal work.

Finished now, I get up from the bench, expecting dizziness, swaying.... anything ..... but, nothing. Just an instruction to get dressed, and told to go 10 minutes later.

What an anti-climax!

Results on Monday.
I only own my mind