Thread: Graduation Day
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2009, 09:24 AM
Turn it up!

Send a message via AIM to scotzoidman Send a message via Yahoo to scotzoidman
We made it! 3 hundred & 40-something kids walked the walk, & while there were a few drops & fumbles, an air horn & its owner were ejected from the premises, no one was shot & killed (sadly, the same could not be said for another MNPS grad ceremony Monday night).

They claimed at the start that many of the grads were the first in their family to do so...judging from the behavior of some family units, I found that easy to believe. I felt badly for my son because there was such a small turnout for him, 3 of us (my wife, his boss lady, who was also his daycare provider, & myself) couldn't raise much ruckus compared to the others, & on the way home, he wept bitter tears over the fact that his grandmother (with whom he was very close) couldn't have been there, & that the falling out we've had with the surviving family members kept them from coming. Still, there was no suppressing the pride we felt as parents. Not to take away from #1 son, but he just barely eked out his diploma (a Special Ed one at that), #2, OTOH, didn't make Honors with his grades, but he did take mostly Honors courses, and squeezing out a passing average was the equivalent of a 3.5, at least in my mind.

Still sinking in for all of us, & the end of one road means the beginning of another...which does not so much make me feel old, as I fear I'm about to become unnecessary. Resetting one's goals in life never easy, is it?

If the theory does not conform to the facts, then the facts must be discarded.

No good deed ever goes unpunished

Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level, & beat you with experience.