Thread: nipple jewelry
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2008, 03:20 AM
Call me FWM :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotzoidman
Seriously, you might want to use those nips to feed a baby someday, & there's no 100% safe way of sticking holes in any body part that you might need to use in the future.
No 100% safe way, but according to breast-feeding experts LaLecheLeague, there's no evidence to suggest that nipple piercings interfere detrimentally to breast-feeding.

Here is a quite interesting article on the compatibility of nipple piercings and breast-feeding. A quote from there:
Quote:
Several lactation consultants interviewed for this article said that breastfeeding problems were often observed in women who did not remove nipple jewelry before nursing. These difficulties included poor latch, babies frequently coming on and off the breast, slurping, gagging and milk leaking from the baby's mouth. Once the nipple jewelry was removed the problems stopped.
Removing the nipple jewelry for each feed would of course also remove the risks of the baby choking, should the jewelry become dislodged during a feed.

Kyttn, a friend of mine has both nipples pierced with a bar going horizontally across. I don't think she lost any sensation but, as scotz said, I guess it's a risk. Looked really good though and she loves them!