View Single Post
Old 02-29-2008, 09:30 PM
Turn it up!

Send a message via AIM to scotzoidman Send a message via Yahoo to scotzoidman
Sweet Mary, have I got tools?!? I got tools out the ass, Pedro...
I view my old multimeter with a combo of pride & shame...pride, because it was nearly state-of-the-art when I bought it at Radio Shack way back in nineteen-mumblty-mumble (Looks a lot like the analog example pic in the Wiki article), shame because I haven't gotten around to upgrading to nice little digital number (like the cheapie from Harbor Freight)...the connector plugs are a little wobbly from the time some dumbass dropped it once , but it still tests nearly everything I've ever asked it too. Radio Shack used to sell a lot of these, plus they had an almost identical model in kit form...I wanted badly to build it myself, but they put the off the shelf model on sale at a price I couldn't pass up. Since I seldom work with small scale electronic projects anymore (I used to build my own "stomp-box" effects pedals for my guitars), I don't have as much use for it now, but it still comes in handy when something stops working around the house (as they often do) & I don't have the $$$ to buy a new one...I've kept a 20-yr-old clothes dryer limping along for years with just a multimeter, power screwdriver, & the phone# & address of the local appliance parts shop

I'll have to revisit this thread soon, I can't let this go w/o some further documentation...

If the theory does not conform to the facts, then the facts must be discarded.

No good deed ever goes unpunished

Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level, & beat you with experience.