View Single Post
Old 08-21-2007, 01:02 PM
Turn it up!

Send a message via AIM to scotzoidman Send a message via Yahoo to scotzoidman
Belial, I love those "demotivational" posters from Despair.com ...& I when I made that post, I was thinking of them, & Dilbert comics as well...

The "press 1 for English" issue can be divided into 2 parts...one is the ever increasing illegal immigrant aspect, which is clearly the hot-button issue of the day, & has been flogged thoughly to death on the talkshow circuit...the second part is that it's just 1 step in the way businesses today try to deflect customers away from bothering them...any call I have to make to Comcast when my cable or internet service goes down starts with the "POFE" message, followed by the "press 2 for Espanol" (in Espanol, of course...maybe the one thing that makes any sense at all), followed by entire sets of other options, until I start to feel like a circus animal jumping thru pointless hoop after hoop...

I can see how business feels that it must make some concessions to reality, that to ignore such a large potential customer base is like throwing money out the window, but...it seems to prove to old saying that to try to make everybody happy you end making nobody happy...

If the theory does not conform to the facts, then the facts must be discarded.

No good deed ever goes unpunished

Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level, & beat you with experience.