View Single Post
Old 03-15-2007, 12:38 PM
Pola! Pola! Pola!

Thank you again for your support guys...

I think you probably hit the nail on the head Lixychick. At the crux of all this is the fact that whenever I need some support or for him to just be there for me, he never is as much as I'm there for him.

I don't want this to turn into a thread where I bash my OH, because I do love him - but there was an occasion last year - I lost my Grandmother after a long battle with cancer, and the night after she died he promised he'd call me to talk - three nights later and no contact from him at all, it turned out he'd gone out with his friends drinking instead. It's just one of the occasions when I've felt that I've needed him to lean on and he's left me alone.

We had a 'big talk' last night about everything, and I told him that if things didn't change then this whole situation was going to split us up, because I am very unhappy. The last week or so I've really been struggling badly with my depression again - and he's just had his head in the clouds about it all, and me saying what I did shocked him a bit. He said he was sorry for being so wrapped up in himself and that he loved me and also that there was no way he was going to let his job end our relationship - upshot is that I think we're going to try and sort everything out soon. He'll know in the next few weeks about work and then we're going to go away together for a proper break, just the two of us so we can have some real down time....

Thank you again all so much for replying to me, you've been so good to me and I appreciate each and every one of you taking the time out to respond.

cavey
xx