View Single Post
Old 03-15-2007, 04:58 AM
Everybody Stretch!

I don't have experience with LDR, but I've read and reread your initial post and all the great advice thus far.

I don't feel that the LDR is really at the crux of your query. You didn't place much emphasis on it, but the point you made about giving full support to your bf and still feeling like you are no help while he doesn't seem to give anything back when you are in need seems to be what you are actually asking about. It could be that you are having feelings of resentment about giving your all and getting nothing in return. You have to be honest with yourself in order to communicate with your partner! If these feelings stay under the surface then the relationship will surely suffer. I am not saying it's your fault...I'm just saying that you have to figure out what the real problem is in order to begin to arrest it.

Voltaire said, "Each player must accept the cards life deals them. But once they are in hand, he or she, alone, must decide how to play them in order to win the game."

Life isn't a game...but we do have to decide what it is that we are challenged with in order for us to know how to forge ahead.

Be honest with yourself...and then be honest with your bf.

Hope this helps hun! I wish you the best!

~Thomas Dewar~