View Single Post
Old 03-13-2007, 02:34 PM
is not this trim anymore!

I'm sorry to read of the reluctance you're feeling about the relationship you're in, but that's not exactly a bad thing. You're not going in to it with blinders on. You've got your eyes open and can see some things that need to be made clear before committing yourself.

Which came first...his plan to move closer or the job offer? I assume that would give you an indication of his level of committment.

Have you witnessed how he handles stress when you're physically together? It would be interesting to know that. We all deal with it differently, and guys tend to keep it internal...something made infinately easier when you're not coming home to someone face to face each night. That can make us seem distant when in reality, we're just trying to wrestle the trouble ourselves instead of burdening you with it. That's an age thing too, by the way. As you get older, you realize that people that care about you WANT to share the burden because they feel better trying to help.

Long distance relationships can work...we've seen them here. But they require you to be honest with yourself, honest with your feelings and to be able to communicate with each other.

We crave physical contact with those that we care for. The warmth of a hug, a held hand, their body next to yours as you sleep...all of it kept from you by distance. And it's easy to get that feeling of detatchment when you're not able to hold that special someone. But it doesn't mean the love isn't there, it's just being overpowered by the need to be reassured and comforted.

(((cavegirl)))

For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.

Complete surrender should not just come at moments in which one faces overwhelming odds, but in the calm when it seems one is personally in complete control of one's life.