View Single Post
Old 03-01-2007, 06:07 PM
Gone with the Wind

The last taboo?

This is just a reminder how out of touch some parts of the US culture, such as "Members of the "Media" are with the reality of our lives. I am not talking about all journalists, as both of my loves, both journalists, are enthusiastic about anal sex. I think it is more about the editors and publishers.
Something isn't "mainstream" until they write about it. (or at least assign someone to write about it).
I think that everyone I know that I am close enough with to be able to discuss such intimacies, has either tried or practices anal. I admit I am not a "mainstream" woman, but I know some very "proper", certainly mainstream women, who privately talk about their enthusiasm for anal.
There are other things.
I am a woman who owns and knows how to shoot a handgun, which is really very common today, but the media doesn't nderstand that. I am bisexual, again not something the mainstream media understands as to how common that is among us (women).
I am a Katrina Evacuee. Not all of us are poor, uneducated, and talk with a horrible thick accent. I am Catholic, and a feverent supporter of Women's Rights. Everytime the Media writes about it , they act as though it were a huge new movement. It's not, believe me. My Mama' was very outspoken on this 20 years ago. I am sure hers was before her.

(Wanda Kitty steps off her soapbox)

'Bye

WW

---Margaret Cho