View Single Post
Old 10-03-2002, 03:32 PM
Missing Member

The car finally pulled to a stop in front of a small building on the edge of campus. Amy felt a rush of relief and realized that she'd been harboring the notion that they would end up in the middle of nowhere where she would be all alone.

He turned around in his seat to face her and smiled, "My name is Will and this is my research lab. I pretty much live her and have a fairly nice bed and plenty of food and warmth to share. What is your name?" His eyes smiled along with his words.

"I'm Amy," she replied. "I really can't thank you enough for all your kindness. I think I'll be fine though, but I'll let you see for yourself to ease both our minds. Then, if you don't mind, you can take me back to my dorm. I have lots of studying I need to get done before my exams," she finished as sweetly as she could muster, not wanting to insult him any farther.

She found that her palms were sweaty, her head pounded, and her knees were weak and she didn't know if it was all because of her bump on the head or from being around this man. A strange intermingling of emotions that she couldn't recognize coursed through her whenever he looked at her.