View Single Post
Old 08-30-2006, 07:16 PM
A Little of Both

There have been comments like Flutelady's made before and the answer always seems to be "well you only have yourself to blame because if you put yourself out there people respond." To some degree I agree. But I've heard this exact same complaint from not only the occasional dropperbyer but also from some long standing members who have decided they no longer felt comfortable here because they didn't feel as if anyone considered their participation important..... They don't feel like one the "popular people"...... their threads were never responded to when they DID make the effort..... or even they felt like when they did express their opinions on other's threads that if they didn't go with the norm they were either ignored or picked on.

Myself I sort of agree. But not to the point that I've left. In conjunction with my now way busy Mommyhood I don't feel as comfortable here as I used to. 1. A lot of my friends don't come here anymore and 2. I think I've also been put off by the cliquish feeling that has slowly developed over the past few years. That may be in part due to the fact that a lot of regulars have become more infrequent.. so the other regulars tend to stick more together. But then we're back to why are people not here...

On the whole I've always loved the concept of Pixies and still do. I've met some great people here. One thing that also may be an issue is the whole new "picture posting rules" that scared me off for awhile. I didn't know what was safe so I didn't post pics... which usually leads to not as many people talking to you.... (sorry but it's true) My only real complaint is yes it's great to have a big fan fare welcome newby posting frenzy. But when that same newby does post...take a look at it and respond. That encourages people to continue on here.. make more posts... respond to others posts..make Pixies their home. I'm actually more concerned in keeping our current people than attracting new members. (that comes with happy members)

I know I'm treading shark infested waters by elaborating on Flutelady's post. And making my opinion known. But as she said.. Lillith asked an honest question. I'm being honest.

Okay.. now I'd like to end on a happy note so um... everyone into the hot tub!!!!! ***grope grope***

"The full moon is calling, the fever is high.
And the wicked wind whispers and moans.
You got your demons, you got desires
Well, I got a few of my own"
~The Eagles