Thread: Pixies Power
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2006, 06:47 PM
~getting by~

Okay, I can officially attest to WW being a success - it's been about a month and the changes I have been making are gradual but they are sticking. Okay, you might argue it's only been a month, but I can honestly say that I have not been this conscious of the choices I make of what to eat .... EVER!

Today at work I was feeling hungry and reached in my drawer to pull out one of the 100 calorie packs of Honey Grahams. I ate the first two and thought - this is not what I want for 100 calories! I sealed them back up with a roll in the pack and a staple and grabbed my apple instead for about 50 calories and ate it.

I'm finding a myriad of other changes too...

I wake up earlier in the morning to ensure that I get my breakfast ate and lunch packed without much of a hassle.

I find an extra spring in my step and my posture better as I'm gaining confidence.

I've started making me 'pretty' and have re-introduced makeup into my life as a daily routine rather than special occassions only.

I'm not trying to cheat the system.

I'm learning to like fruits and vegetables as they are low calorie, low fat, and packed with all the good things I'm supposed to put in my body.

And I think most importantly - I don't feel deprived.

I don't know if it's a direct reflection of WW or not, but I'm also finding I have better control of my emotions. I can't help but think at least on some level eating better is helping this.