Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Tech ? (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6356)

Lilith 03-12-2002 04:36 PM

Tech ?

Today, somehow, I have done something and when I go to any website the fonts graphics etc.. are huge. What I am typing now is regular sized, all my regular computer programs are fine and aol's homepage is fine but all the text from Pixies, Google, Lit everywhere is huge. No being discreet this way :( I looked at the settings for Aol, and my computer etc. Any clue what I did or how I can get it back the way it was? I can not remember doing anything unusual today.......Help!:confused:

Hottush 03-12-2002 04:40 PM

are all the sites that you go to big writing or just this one ?

MissX 03-12-2002 04:40 PM

Hey Lilith, If its what i think it is, Its pretty simple to correct! Simply open internet explorer, go to VIEW menu at the top, then select TEXT SIZE, make sure its at medium... thats it...

Let me know if this helps!

( Mrx Using MissX's login ;-P )

Lilith 03-12-2002 04:45 PM

i am on AOL...I do not have VIEW.....YIKES!

Aqua 03-12-2002 04:50 PM

Try opening Internet Explorer... is it the same there?

Lilith 03-12-2002 04:56 PM

Ok! When I go to Pixies etc. through Internet explorer all is regular, fine , great... but not through AOL.. so you have helped me to narrow down my problem........any idea what to fix at AOL? I went to my preferences etc. no luck there.....thanks guys!

Aqua 03-12-2002 04:59 PM

LOL, in my opinion, the best way to fix AOL is to remove it from your computer... but that's exactly the answer you should expect from a geek! ;) I do have the new AOL Gold 7.0 CD on my desk... and it makes for a nice coaster... :D

Lilith 03-12-2002 05:05 PM

Aside from that, is there anything you can think of? I am soooooo lame with these things......I still have some ancient AOL version.... I just for the life of me can not figure out how I f****d it up in the first place. Thanks for the help... if you get any more ideas let me know......'preciate it!

legend 03-12-2002 05:07 PM

if you can't remember doing anything wrong, ie changing any settings, then i suggest you restart your computer.

if you have windows, then you may know that it gets random errors.... :)

Aqua 03-12-2002 05:10 PM

I was just about to suggest that Legend... let me modify your statement... if you have windows, then you may know that it gets frequent random errors.... ;)

Lilith 03-12-2002 05:14 PM

this is sooooooo freaking me out. It is all better! Poof like magic! I goofed around in my preference settings but did not change anything....... I tried restarting it several times... I am familiar enough to know to do that but that is about it. Thanks to all of you for your help. I realize that I am still living in the technical dark ages but us immortal Demon Queen types are slow to change ;) Thanks!

legend 03-12-2002 05:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
this just reminded me of a pic i have

Aqua 03-12-2002 05:21 PM

ROTFLMAO
Thank you legend!!!

legend 03-12-2002 05:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
oh here's another.....i'd post them in the funny pictures thread, but it's kinda relevant here

Aqua 03-12-2002 05:26 PM

Ooooh, You're killing me!