Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Sex Talk (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Weird? (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36361)

dm383 06-06-2013 04:24 PM

Weird?

Herself is away for a long weekends' riding (her horse! :p ) so I took the opportunity to get my old camcorder out this evening to look through some videos of my daughter from birth til about 4 years old.

Anyway, what I'd forgotten was my late ex-wife and I had made a wee video of ourselves .. well, I say "wee", but it lasts for nearly an hour!! Go me! :D

I must say I still find her as she was then incredibly sexy, but this was tempered massively by knowing she died over 2 years ago. To say I have mixed emotions about this is to put it very mildly.

Yours,

Confused, Scotland.

DM

Lilith 06-06-2013 07:24 PM

If you hadn't divorced, would you feel like those feelings were legitimate? Just because you divorced does not mean that she wasn't yours at that point in time. If she was still here you may have the same mixed emotions. I think the hard part now is that you can't do anything with those feelings because she is gone.

dicksbro 06-07-2013 04:16 AM

DM, I've no doubts there were many wonderful memories and those should never be lost. Treasure them ... they're truly life's golden reward.

God bless, my friend!

jseal 06-07-2013 05:58 AM

She was an integral part of your life. Those memories are uniquely yours. Your reflection upon them can inform you of what you were then and are now, as well as they serve as souvenirs.

gekkogecko 06-07-2013 07:53 AM

The memories are still yours; do with them as you will.

WildIrish 06-07-2013 07:58 AM

There sure are a lot of smart people here. Makes me wonder how I slipped through the cracks.

At one time, you loved her...that's why you were married. I think that, extreme situations aside, some part of those feelings remain after the divide. As we get older, some of us mature more and are able to look back at situations differently than we saw them at the time. As confusing as it was, I'm glad you stumbled upon something that refreshed a good experience you had in your past.

Teddy Bear 06-07-2013 02:23 PM

I agree with everything said about memories and love and all. No point in repeating it. So instead I say....

Nearly an hour!!!! Go you!!

Teddy Bear 06-07-2013 02:27 PM

Another thought....

Maybe should separate that from the family vids?

Oldfart 06-07-2013 06:48 PM

Sounds like just the sort of thing you'd play at a child's 21st. Beats the hell out of pics taken naked on a sheepskin.

It's natural to have a hankering to re-visit happy times, even for a short time. The bad side is if you lock yourself in those lost minutes.

PantyFanatic 06-08-2013 02:33 AM

Just a quick removal from an emotional reply as they maybe the thing that makes life real but are difficult to comprehend and impossible to express. :cool:

An absolute favorite and touching movie may not necessarily have the happy ending of other scripts but remain deeply meaningful to me. This does not forbid me from seeing other flicks and even enjoying them very much. ;)

:2cents:

dm383 06-08-2013 05:39 PM

Just wrote a long reply to this, and the crappy server here in the back-end of nowhere decided to drop! Grrrr!

Suffice to say, thanks for all the comments folks, and rest assured I am of as sound a mind as ever I was - not really saying much, perhaps!

Teddy - as soon as I can work out how to transfer it from 8mm camcorder film to a memory stick, it'll be deleted! ;)

DM

dicksbro 07-13-2013 03:50 AM

DM, some day maybe you can make it to one of the PAGAN events. Feel like I know you ... just haven't met yet. You take care! :thumbs: