Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   I'm getting married!!! (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35513)

Pita 05-15-2011 10:28 AM

I'm getting married!!!

1 Attachment(s)
I shared my awesome news with one very special Pixie who said I should make an announcement, which is a great idea since I've been a Pixie for like forever. ;)

Joe, my betrothed, popped the big question on my 45 birthday/our five-year living together anniversary. Of course I said yes and where is my ring. :huh:

He didn't have a ring picked out because he wanted me to have a say on what would be on my finger for the rest of my life. So, about three weeks later he took me to two jewelry stores and showed me the rings he liked. It was the very first ring I had tried on that stole my heart, so that day he bought it and I've been wearing it every day since. *picture of ring enclosed*

We are going to Savannah, Georgia to elope on Oct. 20, 2011. We picked Savannah because it's a city neither of have been to, and because it's not so far we can't visit on our many anniversaries to come.

After much online research, I found this adorable white wedding chapel that was built in 1902 and renovated in 2008 and this great minister who will perform our lovely and private ceremony. The only other person there will be a photographer to capture the memories, since Joe and I are getting old and memories are failing us fast!

We are staying in the historic district at this old and charming hotel that has a veranda. We will be there five days to soak up the sites.

I'm so super exicted. Joe is the man of my dreams and the best thing to ever happen to me.

Thanks for letting me run on and if anyone has ever been to Savannah's Historic District and has some great advice, PLEASE give it to me. :)

Lilith 05-15-2011 02:18 PM

Congratulations! The ring is cute. Savannah is my fave place. I am really happy for you. It has been wonderful watching your life evolve. That Joe is a lucky guy.

AZRedHot 05-15-2011 04:34 PM

Congrats! Your ring is pretty, but the joy in your words is even more beautiful. I wish you both many years of happiness.

Oldfart 05-15-2011 04:35 PM

Congratulations to you and Joe.

Five years should give you a hint that you get on together.

Teddy Bear 05-15-2011 05:27 PM

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Wishing you happy times, good health, fun memories, and lots of great sex forever and ever!!

jseal 05-15-2011 06:21 PM

TinglingTess,

Congratulations to both of you!

Fangtasia 05-15-2011 07:01 PM

Congratulations!!

IM1469 05-15-2011 07:54 PM

Congratulations and best wishes for a future of health, happiness and prosperity together!

Lord Snow 05-15-2011 08:23 PM

Congrats! Only thing I can tell you about Savannah is that it's a great place to get tattoos. Especially if you're 18 and live in South Carolina where the law is you have to be 21 or 18 with parental consent.

PantyFanatic 05-16-2011 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinglingTess
..., and because it's not so far we can't visit on our many anniversaries to come. .....

What wonderful forethought and congratulations to BOTH of you.

You have shared so many aspects of your life with us these past years and I thank you for including us with this most important time. :thumbs:

:kisser:

Coaster 05-16-2011 12:01 PM

Well.... congrats again to you, wonderful woman that you are!!!! So happy for you both!

Savannah is a fantastic city and VERY romantic. Lots of history, parks, the river walk, Tybee Island, quaint little pubs.... well I could go on & on! Mrs Coaster & I LOVE Savannah! It's especially fun over the St Paddy's Day holiday!

Keep in touch with us pixie-folk and I wish I was the lucky photographer!

hugz

Pita 05-16-2011 01:36 PM

Thanks everyone for the well wishes! :kisser: I had to come here and gush a little because I think I'm starting to drive the people at work crazy with all my wedding talk.

I have done so much research on Savannah that I will be a real expert by the time October gets here. Although, I didn't know about the tatoos. Thanks Lord Snow :thumbs:

Coaster honey, if you were my photographer I highly doubt those prints would be innocent enough to send to family. Someday!! :brows:

dm383 05-16-2011 03:02 PM

Many congratulations to you both Tess. October is a lovely time of year - I'm biased mind you, cos that's when my daughter was born - and I'm quite certain you'll have a perfect day!

Go you!!! :D

DM

jay-t 05-16-2011 06:21 PM

Congratulations Tess !!

Aqua 05-16-2011 06:28 PM

Congratulations!!

I wish you both all the happiness and health that life can offer!