Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Six (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34095)

Lilith 05-21-2009 04:47 AM

Six

More days with my lovelies. Then I'm all yours.

gekkogecko 05-21-2009 09:00 AM

Impatient?

Aqua 05-21-2009 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith
More days with my lovelies. Then I'm all yours.

:loveshowe

PantyFanatic 05-21-2009 07:02 PM

Does that mean you'll be watching even closer? :rolleyes2

:doorpeek:

Lilith 05-21-2009 07:33 PM

Today I went and hired a replacement for me. Next year I will be trading in my boxing gloves and allowing someone else the honor of taking on the Lost Boys and now Girls too.

I am being moved in to my dream job. I'll be teaching a K-2 class of students many (8) of which have autism. I am happier than I can stand.

Thanks to all of you who have supported me as I've loved and learned my Lost Boys.

citrus 05-21-2009 07:41 PM

A hero gets up daily, goes and gets the work done and goes home. Your a hero to me too!

Lilith 05-21-2009 09:50 PM

Aww thanks citrus. I'm not a hero. People who rush into burning building knowing they are on fire and go in any way are heroes. But I appreciate the warm thought.

Oldfart 05-21-2009 10:53 PM

Quote:
Thanks to all of you who have supported me as I've loved and learned my Lost Boys.

And she learned them good.

pinkFlames 05-22-2009 01:38 AM

Congratulations on following your dreams, Lilith.

dicksbro 05-22-2009 04:40 AM

More congratulations on you're getting the new position! Those kids are very lucky kids, indeed. And, Citrus was right, you are a hero, Lilith, to both them and us! :x:

If you're not doing anything in July, come on up to Holland and you can practice on this bunch of lost pixies! :D

Glyndwr 05-22-2009 12:58 PM

Quote:
Aww thanks citrus. I'm not a hero. People who rush into burning building knowing they are on fire and go in any way are heroes. But I appreciate the warm thought.

Hi Lil

There's many kinds of hero in this world. I know how hard it can be doing what you do. Going in every day takes a very special kind of courage.

Enjoy your new role.
-x-

Aqua 05-22-2009 01:18 PM

Quote:

NOUN:
pl. heˇroes

1. In mythology and legend, a man, often of divine ancestry, who is endowed with great courage and strength, celebrated for his bold exploits, and favored by the gods.
2. A person noted for feats of courage or nobility of purpose, especially one who has risked or sacrificed his or her life.

The example you gave is only one form of hero. Your instance is one where heroes save lives at the possible sacrifice of their own and it is immediately known if they are successful or not. A person doesn't need to be in immediate danger to require saving and sometimes you won't even realize you were saving a life until many years later.

Please look again at the second definition of hero up there.

Now, I've heard you talk about your class and it definitely takes courage to walk in that door day after day. Then there's the sacrifice aspect. Without a doubt you have given up your life for the benefit of these kids, even if it's not in the physical sense.

Don't you ever, not for one second, believe you are anything but a hero in the truest sense of the word.

scotzoidman 05-22-2009 02:46 PM

:withstupi

Lilith 05-22-2009 07:50 PM

Awww you guys are making me verklempt. Now I just want to lock you all up in the dungeon and do bad things to you.

Today was "graduation" from 5th grade. It's the first time I got to stand up and call my kiddos names and have them walk across the stage just like all the other kids. Felt so good. Their faces when they got their "diplomas" will be something I treasure.

Today I started packing. I've accumulated a buttload of crap in the past 3+ years. I hope I'll be able to really switch gears.

scotzoidman 05-22-2009 10:33 PM

Quote:
I'm not a hero. People who rush into burning building knowing they are on fire and go in any way are heroes.

I don't know, people who go to work every day knowing the system is decrepit & crumbling, & that they'll have to dodge the occasional budget axe, & keep at it anyway, just to try to help someone else's child realize his/her potential, knowing that the occasional child will go amok...that sounds like a hero to me...maybe just an everyday hero, but we all need them too.

And I know that you know that I know exactly what the Lost Boys are like, & what giant stones it takes to deal with them everyday. :rose: