Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Organizers... (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32764)

Jax 04-09-2008 10:14 PM

Organizers...

Okay, so in this current electronics age...Do you still use a Franklin Planner? If not, what electronic tools or methods do you use to keep track of tasks?

The reason I ask is that I've never been a real strong Franklin Planner guy. I just lack the discipline to use it. I also keep a lot in my head and a lot in my laptop... But I see the merit/value of getting more organized...

So what tools are you using?

Lilith 04-09-2008 10:37 PM

I use a gigantic calendar at home that has a built in pocket to store stuff that you need on those dates you write on it.

At school I am a faithful desk blotter/calendar user.

osuche 04-10-2008 01:23 AM

I use Outlook - including the task menus. However, for the most important tasks...the only thing that works for me is to schedule them into the calendar and block off time. If I have the time, I must do the task. :) Sometimes it actually works. :D

PantyFanatic 04-10-2008 01:46 AM

I'm an avid user of Outlook (not OutLook Express) also, with reminders set from the calendar. For organizing those thousand disconnected scribbled notes on pieces of paper I've found MS OneNote to be a SUPER tool.
For long-term projects at work, MS Project gives me everything I need, plus. Good professional tool for me.

LixyChick 04-10-2008 04:34 AM

What year is this?

I still hand write mysef notes and keep them in my back pants pocket. And if I remember which pocket they are in I get the things done...lmao!

Oh, and I also slap post-it's around the house and write stuff on the calender. Now if I look up on my kitchen cabinets the notes will remind me. And if I remember to change the calender to the next month I am aware of upcoming events...if I've actually written them down!

Somehow things get done anyway.

jseal 04-10-2008 05:56 AM

I use Outlook, and print off the next seven days for my Dayrunner on Saturday morning.

Oldfart 04-10-2008 06:02 AM

Organised? Moi?

Pita 04-10-2008 07:43 AM

I use Google's calendar and Excel and Word doc. to stay mostly organized. Everything else gets put on the mass amount of stickies we keep within reach.

wyndhy 04-10-2008 08:12 AM

i only need to organize family stuff, not work, so doctor's appts, half days at school, ST and PTA stuff, etc. all goes on the calendar on the fridge (which i got for free from the grocery store). i check it daily.

PantyFanatic 04-10-2008 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LixyChick
....I still hand write mysef notes and keep them in my back pants pocket. ......

That's exactly where my printout of all my personal targets goes. :)

Neige 04-10-2008 10:15 AM

For the past 6 years that I've been in university, the schools I was at always gave planners at the beginning of the year. I love getting the planners - sometimes I even write one or two things in them before completely forgetting about them for the rest of the year. :p

Everything is in my head. I don't know how I do it, but as Lixy said, somehow things get done anyway!!!

Scarecrow 04-10-2008 11:26 AM

A planner is just a way to more stress, if post-it notes don't work, then it is not that important. Slow down and smell the roses. :daisy:

PantyFanatic 04-10-2008 11:33 AM

:rofl: ^^^

For some reason post-it notes don't work for me at all. I guess if I stayed in one place it may be different, but I find them annoying as flies. I'm not where the fly swatter is when they are in my face.

scotzoidman 04-10-2008 08:20 PM

Planning? Organising? Foreign concepts to me. Probably the main reason I never could be a serial killer, too many details to keep up with. I have the calander from MS Works loaded, but can't even be bothered to fill that in. 2 calendars from Wife's workplace to keep track of appointments (& when the dogs get their meds), sticky notes & scratch pads to scribble things down, & like Lixy, sometimes I actually get things done around here...

jay-t 04-10-2008 09:29 PM

At home I have a calendar hanging next to the desk,then in the shop I use a great technological tool a chock board :)