Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   Advice (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Observation: Sexuality (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28788)

osuche 08-17-2006 12:54 PM

Observation: Sexuality

I was thinking about this topic this morning as I was waiting for Mr Osuche to wake up. I've noticed that my sexuality waxes and wanes over time -- 2 years ago, I couldn't possibly have enough sex. Recently I've been kind of apathetic, but I've seen it starting to pick up again. I think I was in the "trough" and now I am ascending. I knew I was starting to get interested again when I found myself in Victoria's Secret buying panties yesterday. :nana:

So I guess my question is....do others (both women and men) have time periods when they feel more sexy, and more focused on sex, than others? I am especially interested in long-term trends (such as ~ I've been addicted for the past 6 months, but the 6 months before that I could have cared less). Is this a female thing? Or do men experience it too? Or maybe I am wrong and it's just an Osuche thing. :p

Other questions:
  • How long are your average cycles of interest/disinterest in sex?
  • What triggers a change (from sex-focused to not and vice versa)?
  • Are there things that can bring you out of a cycle of un-sexiness?
  • When do you like yourself better: sexy or focused on other things?

Thanks for your replies!

jseal 08-17-2006 01:33 PM

osuche,

I am uncertain if the intensity of my sex drive is cyclical, but it does vary over time.
Stress and late nights suppress my sexual appetite.
Relaxation, food, and a (small) amount of wine restore my desire.
I feel better when I feel sexy.

imaginewithme 08-17-2006 03:11 PM

And you got married when???? LOL Just kidding ;)

Yes there are times when I feel sexier than other times. When I make myself look nicer, I feel sexier and want sex more than when I'm just sloppy. I don't think there has been any time that I've never not wanted sex.

Interesting topic though!

alspals69 08-17-2006 04:31 PM

i'm just trying to wrack my brain... saw something somewhere.... i THINK it said that eating nuts and seeds is good for sexuality as it increases that amount of zink in your system. but my memory isn't good. Possibly because i don't get enough omega 3's. Or was it omega 4's. I forget.

Duh!

Anyhow, maybe its something to do with that?

Lilith 08-17-2006 04:50 PM

I'm hornier June, July and August :D

gekkogecko 08-17-2006 06:49 PM

Oh, I'm just random. Sometimes.

Mae 08-17-2006 08:47 PM

Haven't participated for 3 years now. Other half went to doc; doc gave him prescription; if he takes it he can have fun...he can also have a heart attack. Soooooooooo...........................

scotzoidman 08-17-2006 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith

something about the months without an "R"?

osuche 08-18-2006 02:01 AM

Like jseal and Lil, I can track some of my troughs to stress and work.....a little stress keeps me keyed up and I want sex bad. A lot of grinding daily stress makes my libido vanish.

Some of it is body image, and some of it (I think) must be Pixie dust. :D

Interesting replies, though....I suspected others might have similar cycles.

LixyChick 08-18-2006 04:38 AM

I'm cyclical, but within my monthly cycle.

The week before my period I am so not interested. Early in the week of my period I am feeling like YUCK and still no interest. Towards the end of my cycle I begin to blossom again. The week just after I am so horned up and I am more aware of my body and it's tingles and yearnings than at any other time. The week after that I am still feeling sexual but I can feel it waning again.

Can you say yo-yo?

Lilith 08-18-2006 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotzoidman
something about the months without an "R"?

summer, sexy

no school ;)

lonelyarmywife 08-18-2006 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith

True dat.

Eliza 08-30-2006 07:55 PM

Great topic.

One thing is for sure.. having a baby put a damper on my libido. Between time and my own healing.. and a small bout with post pardum depression it was awhile before I got back on the horse.

But in normal situations... It seems to ride with my cycle. I get horniest when I ovulate. Which I think is how we're designed. But yes... stress throws me out of wack... having shit to do prevents my mind from turning to sex.

Right now I'm in an up time. I've got cock on the brain right now... lol. Hve all week infact.

lizzardbits 08-30-2006 10:46 PM

I know that I cycle, but it goes with my Bi-polar disorder. feeling human to the mania stage--sex sex sex, wanna wanna wanna. Feeling the slide and wallowing in my depression stage--sex??? what is that??? do I have to?

I think that Mayhem can really tell when I am in a mania, because I just want to eat him up, touch and lick and taste every inch of yummy flesh on that man. I think he knows that it is just best to lay back and hold on and just let me do my thing.

Then when I am not feeling so spectacular, and we have sex anyway, I'm sure that in the back of his mind he thinks that playing with a loaf of bread is more fun.

losing weight also makes me feel horny