Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Sex Talk (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   How many women have met someone through the internet (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10616)

hotcarl1967 12-05-2002 12:54 AM

How many women have met someone through the internet

I was just wondering how many women actually had the guts to meet someone in person or is everybody all talk?

RandyGal 12-05-2002 02:58 AM

I've physically met hundreds of people that I originally met online. :D

So far, it's been all good.......but keeping in mind the people I meet are from a theme park bulletin board. LOL LOL

There have been some very nice friendships that have continued as both, online and RL relationships.

And would I meet someone for a sexual situation that I met online?

Hm.........maybe, probably, yes, it depends. LOL

fzzy 12-05-2002 03:01 AM

I've met and gone out with 4 guys I met on the internet ..... (over the last couple of years) none of them have led anywhere really - though I still occassionally talk with 2 of them.... but, a close female family member just got married a few months ago to a guy she met online

dzbuster 12-05-2002 03:32 AM

after the second wife told me we were done i went online and hooked up that weekend. tried again the next weekend and so far she's put up with me for about a yr and a half

krzykrn 12-05-2002 04:26 AM

It all depends on the person to be honest, some people are willing to be more open and playful online due to the relative anonymity of the internet and feel safe. However they may not want anything to do with you in real life, and draw the line to a meeting. This goes for both men and women, it isn't restricted to one or the other.

It really is all about security, let's be honest, you can act anyway you want and chances are the person on the other end will take it at face value. The only way to tell is long, extended correspondence and even then, you never can be too sure if the person is who they say they are. In this day and age people can't be too careful (especially women), is it a bit disheartening, yes, it can be at times, but I personally have met a few wonderful friends online who I have met in person.

Vintage Vixen 12-05-2002 07:25 AM

:)

Quote:
Originally posted by dzbuster
after the second wife told me we were done i went online and hooked up that weekend. tried again the next weekend and so far she's put up with me for about a yr and a half

The way i see it we both put up with each other lol:) And have a pretty good time doing it.I'm glad i took the chance to meet this long haired hunny...changed my life,done things i'd never done(after thinking theres nothing left to do)Been places i only dreamed of going (VEGAS BABY :) ) Its a good thing :)

Wombats Dinner 12-05-2002 10:39 AM

Well I have to say YES YES YES, I have met 2 men off line and the first "well lets just say he was a waste of space". But the 2nd meeting was with wombat who lived 1700kms from me in another state and I had alot of probs happening in my life with family and an ex husband and he offered me a fresh start, no strings attached and well see what happened so I resigned from my job of 9yrs, threw caution to the wind and here I am living in another state with my new man who I love dearly and hope to spend the rest of my life with..:) So yes you can definently find love online, but you both need to be realistic about it and take things slowly and most of all be totally honest and up front about all areas of the relationship..:)

Steph 12-05-2002 10:43 AM

A good friend of mine met someone through lavalife.com (before she started working there, no less!) and they've been married for five years now!

smallguy 12-05-2002 05:33 PM

My uncle met a lady over the net and she just moved across country to be with him. They are getting married soon. She's a real nice person. Another relative met a girl online who sent him a ticket to Paris (that's France) to see her after a few months of corresponding. They are now engaged. It seems to be fairly common these days.

SexKittten_18 12-06-2002 01:00 PM

I met one and he turned out to be a complete asshole....so now I don't go for anyone online...not to mention the fact that since I'm not single anymore it'd be a bad idea ^.^

ChinesePussy 12-06-2002 01:02 PM

me

i met my hubby from the net!

pepsigirl 12-06-2002 03:30 PM

i have!!! and he is the most wonderful man in the world!! was scared to, but we met in a public place first. i was terribly nervous. he put me at ease. and i believe he is the love of my life. :))))

whatswithme69 12-07-2002 01:19 AM

aiyo, i aint no woman, but i have had an online relationship before, and i tell ya...what i thought was good turned out to be a lie as i was being played for 6 friggin months. Lisa, i hope you fuckin burn

SexKittten_18 12-07-2002 01:22 AM

O.O thats not nice hun!

whatswithme69 12-07-2002 01:23 AM

yea i know...i guess it all worked out in the end though, 'cause i met up with you :)