Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Olympics (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33214)

Lilith 08-05-2008 06:39 PM

Olympics

Just was curious how many people are excited about the Olympics starting the weekend? What events are you looking forward to seeing?

Neige 08-05-2008 07:00 PM

Related to the Olympics, I invite everyone to check out Candle For Tibet!!!

IowaMan 08-05-2008 07:04 PM

Not overly excited about the Olympics but I'll probably watch a little of it. Usually I go for the basketball (both mens and womens), boxing, wrestling and maybe some of the swimming.

1nutworld 08-05-2008 07:10 PM

Over the years the Olympics has lost much of its luster. If a story develops I might tune in, but being honest I've got other things I'd rather pay attention to.

IowaMan 08-05-2008 07:13 PM

Nutworld, I told you the story of how I won the gold at the '84 games in Los Angeles in the Synchronized Masturbation competition didn't I? I was able to complete my entire routine without ever having both feet leave the bed and touch the floor. :yikes:

1nutworld 08-05-2008 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaMan
Nutworld, I told you the story of how I won the gold at the '84 games in Los Angeles in the Synchronized Masturbation competition didn't I? I was able to complete my entire routine without ever having both feet leave the bed and touch the floor. :yikes:

yes you did, and my mental imaging has NEVER been the same since.

IowaMan 08-05-2008 07:15 PM

/me does best Commander McBragg impersonation as I puffs on a pipe............

"Quite." :rofl:

PantyFanatic 08-05-2008 10:28 PM

^^^
^^^
:roflmao:

Lord Snow 08-05-2008 10:53 PM

If I had any kind of sports network I'd pay more attention to it. The only event I want to watch they never seem to show on your standard stations. I've been into archery all my life (even did Olympic competition for several years), but I've yet to see it aired. Besides, they've added motocross and a few others that I wouldn't consider very sportsman like. Granted it takes skill, but still.......at least the skateboarding and BMX are closer to what I would consider an Olympic sport.

osuche 08-05-2008 11:30 PM

I want to watch the Chinese win the gold for the Censorship race, and probably see at least one thing get canceled due to pollution.... :D

Yes, I am cynical. But I love the tradition of the Olympics and I'm sure I'll watch at least gymnastics and maybe a few other events.

Scarecrow 08-06-2008 12:18 AM

I like to wacth swimming, gymnastics and track & field. This year I'd like to add woman's beach volleyball (the suits are so tiny).

Oldfart 08-06-2008 05:31 AM

I must be doing something wrong, I can't find the jelly wrestling in Beijing.

lonelyarmywife 08-06-2008 06:20 AM

I guess I'm weird becuase I love the Olympics. The tradition of it is so old that it boggles the mind. I"ll probably watch the gymnastics and swimming and diving only though, just on account of time.

jseal 08-06-2008 06:30 AM

There is an interesting and intriguing historical development in regards to the Olympic Games.

dicksbro 08-07-2008 05:12 AM

Neat article, jseal. Thanks.

I've always enjoyed the Olympics, but, I must admit, this year I haven't been excited by them at all. :shrug: Don't know if I'll watch any or not. Probably not.