Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   eharmony (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28435)

jennaflower 06-29-2006 10:26 PM

eharmony

Okay... I need some advice here folks... and I know that this is the place to get the best... so here goes...

This month marks 10 years of solitude... and at 37... I don't want to be alone forever... I have often played with the internet dating options in the past but have had no success at it...

I have recently filled out the eharmony questionnaire and have been considering paying for a months membership (69.00) to see if I can meet some interesting/interested guys...

So my main question is... have any of you given Eharmony a try? If so, did it work well for you? Is it worth the $69.00 a month?

Thanks..

imaginewithme 06-29-2006 10:27 PM

My mom's best friend does internet dating, match maker things on line, etc. and has soooooo many dates! She's met people from all over and has even felt "love" a couple times. She's had a lot of fun and lots of great stories too ;)

I'd do it!

Good luck to you and just have fun!

osuche 06-29-2006 10:35 PM

Jenna:

Check your PM Box. I got a 3 months for 1 coupon on email for eHarmony. Don't pay full price! If the code doesn't work for you, let me know and I will forward oyu the live email.

Hope this helps. I was fascinated by the profiling questions but I never actively paid for the service. However, I do believe that the compatability tests will cut down on search time. :)

Good luck

BlondeCurlGirl 06-29-2006 11:31 PM

Well, my uncle is getting married 7/14 to a gal he met off e-harmony. It was a long distance relationship (he's in Denver, she was in FL), and it was meant to be, I guess. I think they really do try to focus more on in depth personality questions to do better matching. Try it for just a bit and see what happens...cancelling is always an option. Good luck hun!

LixyChick 06-30-2006 04:49 AM

The commercial always sounded sincere to me...compared to some of the other sh...er...stuff you'd see in a commercial. I don't know anyone who's done it but you could check with the BBB to see if they've had any/many complaints. They seem like the type of company that would register with the BBB so it couldn't hurt to check um out!

I'd do my homework and then go ahead if I were in a similar situation as you sweety!

Good luck and please keep us informed!

*hugs*

BigBear57 06-30-2006 11:32 AM

Ummm well Jenna if you wanna try something a little different the chts in MySpace are free and you'd be surprised at how many people you can meet there. Just a thought.... whatever you do I wish you the best because you are the best! Huggggggs Hon

jennaflower 06-30-2006 07:03 PM

Thanks all for your input... I Think I am gonna give it a shot... :) Gonna go cook dinner... and then gonna do it!!

Wish me luck...

Aqua 06-30-2006 07:11 PM

Good luck (((((Jenna)))))))!!!

wyndhy 06-30-2006 08:17 PM

good luck.....may the harmony be with you. :D

jennaflower 06-30-2006 08:41 PM

Okay... done :) Have sent questions to some of my matches... a few are within acceptable distance... if nothing else this will surely help me identify what it is I am looking for... and in the process will hopefully learn more about myself...

osuche... thank you so much... the promotion code you gave me worked!! ;) You saved me a mint... and after the 3 months it will only cost 29.95 per month... half of regular cost. I owe ya :)

FallenAngel5 06-30-2006 11:07 PM

I hope it works out for you. My best friend met the greatest guy on match.com. He really is great, and good for her. I hope you find the same thing!

osuche 07-01-2006 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennaflower
osuche... thank you so much... the promotion code you gave me worked!! ;) You saved me a mint... and after the 3 months it will only cost 29.95 per month... half of regular cost. I owe ya :)

((((jenna)))))) I am so glad it worked! :loveshowe

:line:

Since everyone pays to subscribe, I bet you will get more focused interest from the guys...and better quality people to boot! I hope it pays off for you.

jennaflower 07-05-2006 09:05 PM

Okay... now what??????????? LOL.... I actually have several matches... 1 actually within 2 hours of me... and have reached the point (with him) that I am about to send him my first "open" communication.

What do I say?????

HELP HELP Help!! I would like to respond tonight sometime!!

Thanks!

Lilith 07-05-2006 09:14 PM

You could send him a link you find amusing or maybe a link to a place of interest somewhere between you.

jennaflower 07-05-2006 09:24 PM

a great idea Lilith... I will put that in my bag of tricks.. ;)