Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Pushing Up Daisies (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26657)

Lilith 11-01-2005 07:05 PM

Pushing Up Daisies

So I discussed rotting (decomposition) with my babies today and naturally the topic turned to rotting people. I love these kids :D

What's the plan for your body once you cease using it?

Aqua 11-01-2005 07:15 PM

I'm thinking standard old boring burial.

LixyChick 11-01-2005 07:27 PM

Do with me as you NEED!

What I mean is...I am an organ donor. Take EVERYTHING...EVERYTHING viable and useful and spread it about for those who are in need. If I am left with just rotting marrow (or something to that effect)...burn me up and send the ashes to the winds of the day. If it ain't windy and I end up at your feet...RUN! LOL...Just kidding! If that happens...walk away and smile fore I am happy to land in a place you chose for me!

^^^ *smiles at the thought*

Glyndwr 11-01-2005 07:34 PM

Strangely enough I have already discussed this with my kids and they know exactly where to scatter my ashes after the cremation. After seeing the acrimony tending a grave can cause in several families I was determined that there would be no reason for my kids to fall out on my account after I've gone.

Steph 11-01-2005 07:45 PM

I've also donated everything to medical science and/or organ donation.

I've read that the most environmentally friendly way to rid oneself of any remains would be to bury the body under a tree in a cardboard box. If I can do that & it is the most environmentally-friendly way, I'll go that route.

wyndhy 11-01-2005 07:46 PM

organ donor. the rest can get cast to the four winds. except my scull, i have someone who wants to keep it...alas poor wyndhy, i knew her well.

rabbit 11-01-2005 08:40 PM

Well, after big ass New Orleans style send off I expect my kin to throw, just plant me in the ground and call it a day.

Besides, it's only my body...I won't be there anyway. ;)

Fangtasia 11-01-2005 08:44 PM

I aint goin'

bare4you 11-01-2005 10:17 PM

If there are any good parts left, those left behind that need them can have what's needed. Once they finish yanking out what they need, cremation is my choice for what is left. The best part of me will have left before they cut me open anyhow.

dicksbro 11-01-2005 10:34 PM

Donate what's usable, then bury me. We've got the lots and vaults ... just need the casket to complete the physical preps.

maddy 11-01-2005 11:08 PM

I'm surprised by the number of cremation responses... Donor and Burial here.

osuche 11-02-2005 12:51 AM

Organ donor here too. After that, I think cremation....although if Mr Osuche felt strongly I'd do whatever he needed.

Funerals and burials are for the living, and not the dead IMHO.

Oldfart 11-02-2005 01:52 AM

Slash and flash.

My brother is in a "hole in the wall" a long way from family, rarely visited and a source of discomfort for my father.

Drop the ashes from a DC3 or Catalina, just to see if I'll still scream as I drop.

Damn this experimental phase I'm locked in.

WildIrish 11-02-2005 07:05 AM

I'm really torn between burial and cremation. I don't know what the plans are. Maybe nobody will discover the body for a long time and the cats will have taken care of it.

Pita 11-02-2005 07:49 AM

I will also donate anything anyone wants to use. I like the cardboard box idea because it's cheap and I don't believe in having my loved ones spend their money to put me in the ground.