Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   Interactive/Role Playing Stories (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Soap Opera Type Story? (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18677)

Southern Charm 02-01-2004 03:43 AM

Soap Opera Type Story?

I was thinking about the Christmas with the Piffles thread that Tibvo made during the holidays and was wondering if anyone had ever thought of maybe doing a pixies soap opera style permanent thread?

You know how soaps go, people are always coming and going and there are 200 storylines going on at once and such, I was just thinking maybe it would be neat to do a soap opera style r/p story. Not neccessarily centered around sex either. But of course, it would be included....graphically...just sporadically.

And I don't mean a place like the Welcome Inn where you play yourself but you make up a character that you would like to be in the thread. I just think it would exemplify what the whole Interactive/Role Playing forum is about.

What do you guys think? Has it been done? Is this a stupid idea? Lemme know something, I'm dead curious cuz I just can't picture it being anything but fun and a little crazy.

SuccubusKitty 02-02-2004 06:38 PM

Well honey, I think it's a grand idea. I say we should go for it and see what happens...just one more way for us to let our imaginations run wild! :D

Eros 02-03-2004 12:54 AM

Can I be the token guy on the show that dies and comes back 4 times a season????

Eros 02-03-2004 12:55 AM

But yeah, I think it's a great idea too...I might even be willing to participate.

Southern Charm 02-03-2004 01:05 AM

Cool! I was thinking it would be fun...anyway...I need to think up a good name for the soap. Any suggestions?

As the Pixie Turns?
Pixies of our Lives?
The Pixies and the Restless?
Pixies?
The Pixies and the Beautiful?
Another Pixie?
I can't think of any other soaps....

Eros 02-03-2004 01:10 AM

"The Lays of Our Lives"

Lilith 02-04-2004 07:00 AM

Good Eros! I like the idea.

faerie_princess 02-04-2004 07:54 PM

Sounds like fun

where do I sign up?

Southern Charm 02-04-2004 11:44 PM

I think I'll make an OOC thread for it for people to post descriptions of their characters and post pics of them if they'd like but I"m still debating the title....

Lays of our Lives is the only suggestion so far. Any more?

bangerog2 02-05-2004 12:16 AM

How about 'Cinna's City.'?

Hugs,

John

Lilith 02-05-2004 07:15 AM

Are you going to set a scene? City, place, theme etc... for people to create characters around?

IowaMan 02-06-2004 11:29 AM

How about "Screwples" for a title?

Southern Charm 02-06-2004 11:07 PM

Ok I'm liking the new names folks have came up with. Screwples, Cinna's City and Lays of our Lives....I'm liking Screwples best so far just cuz its short. What do you guys think?

And yes, I'll come up with a location etc when I start the thread. It will pretty much be a "Generic" place like "salem" in Days of our lives because there are a dozen salems in various places across the world. Some place where it's warm sunny and beachy in the summer and cold and snowy and mountainy in the winter...you know what I'm talking about....anyway, thats the sort of place for those that want to start thinking about a character. it will be a small city where people will run into each other often yet it won't be a 'po-dunk' town. You guys know what soaps are like...go with that style setting.

I'm leaning towards "Screwples" as the title unless anyone has any other suggestions. I'll probably start the thread sometime in the next week with a big Gala or Charity ball or something where we will all be able to rub shoulders whether you are a guest, speaker, waiter, or "crasher" So we'll be getting started soon! :)

SuccubusKitty 02-07-2004 05:08 PM

Screwples sounds great. I will definitely be there

Tivboman 02-08-2004 07:20 PM

I had a similar idea to this last year (but never did anything with it).

It is a good idea (like the name Screwples too).

One thing though.

I suggest having a small set of central characters for the thread to pivot around. Preferably played by people that will see this thread through (the early stages at least). It doesn't stop other characters joining in but it does, I think, give the thread some sort of direction (which it will need to survive).

:)