Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   So where the hell are they going?? (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32675)

1nutworld 03-20-2008 05:48 PM

So where the hell are they going??

I just saw on the news this evening that housing sales are down in the top 5 markets in the nation. According to the report on CBS news, new home sales are down in Florida.

The reporter interviewed a brokor and county executive from Broward County Florida, who both indicated that particular county has lost population from 2006.

So if people are no longer going to places in the Sun Belt, where are they going, because the housing and new build market in Michigan is down as well.

All the papers here in my area as still talking about how the markets are "booming" in Florida, Arizona, California and Texas. Obviously that isn't always the case.

Anyone got any ideas?

Lilith 03-20-2008 06:08 PM

I know that I debated selling and moving up about 2 years ago but I am so very glad I talked myself into holding still.

Scarecrow 03-20-2008 07:41 PM

Maybe they are coming my way. Microsoft and Intel just anounced that they, along with the University of Illinois, are starting a 5 year multi-million dolllar research project in the near future.

PantyFanatic 03-20-2008 08:14 PM

Hold tight kiddies. :D I think we have some very interesting times ahead and we're all going to get to see some new things. :cool:

osuche 03-20-2008 08:25 PM

I think many people are renting and not buying. In terms of where people are moving - the SF Bay Area economy (job wise) is very strong, although house values are down a whopping 11% year over year.

My best guess is that people are moving back to their roots and families, and states in the MidWest will see a net population rise, where as expensive states (like CA for instance) will eventually see a population drop. Unless, of course, the job market in SF continues to grow...in which case, people stay where the jobs are. :)

In lieu of a great job, it's far easier to make it in a state with low cost of living (like Ohio) than places like the Bay Area. Trust me - I know. :D

jay-t 03-20-2008 09:50 PM

Home sales here are sloooowwing down alot and foreclosures are up almost 15% over a year ago.Since nobody wants to live in the city(okla. city) they have to drive at least 25mi. one way to work and its starting to show by increased foreclosures.Homes over 100,000 in the small towns around the city are not selling they are sitting all most 9mos. to a year now.

Jude30 03-20-2008 10:09 PM

My only complaints at the moment about housing is the fact that five days after I locked in my interest rate the feds dropped the rate 3/4%.

IowaMan 03-22-2008 11:34 PM

A couple from Fla. just bought the house two down from me........... maybe my town is the destination. :p

AZRedHot 03-23-2008 12:33 AM

I don'T Think They're coming here; Tons of houses on the markeT for monThs and monThs; noThing's selling, Though I don'T Think people have goTTen The message--prices are sTill high when I read The lisTings. CharTer Funding laid off everyone working for Them here, and They're noT the only ones--lots of morTgage brokers' office seem To be empTy laTely.

PantyFanatic 03-23-2008 05:03 PM

Maybe they are just hiding. :cool:

gekkogecko 03-24-2008 12:29 PM

Odd thing is that that the radio news reported this morning that Feberuary housing sales were up, although inidividal prices were down over all.

Funny that's how thigns happen when you make things cost less overall.

wyndhy 03-24-2008 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude30
My only complaints at the moment about housing is the fact that five days after I locked in my interest rate the feds dropped the rate 3/4%.

my complaint is that the fed is bailing out tons of people who made bad choices or bought well above their means, but it's leaving the rest of us high and dry. fuckers. talk about a welfare state.

jseal 03-24-2008 12:56 PM

^^^ Yep!

maddy 03-24-2008 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndhy
my complaint is that the fed is bailing out tons of people who made bad choices or bought well above their means, but it's leaving the rest of us high and dry. fuckers. talk about a welfare state.

AMEN!! sister friend. I couldn't have said it nearly as well. I'd like to know when I get a break for being a responsible adult.

wyndhy 03-24-2008 04:07 PM

revolution!!!!!!!!!
:D