Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Chance Encounter? (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24118)

WildIrish 02-22-2005 10:19 AM

Chance Encounter?

A tv show last night laid out a scenario that had former lovers meeting by chance all the way across the country from where they met, in a city with 1,551,148 people. I got to thinking about why it's entirely possible. People are creatures of habit, right? If you like museums, odds are that wherever you live...you can be found frequenting a museum. Same holds true for everything. Opera, theater, parks, restaurants.

So, if this theory is true...let's say you moved to a big city. Where would I bump into you?

IAKaraokeGirl 02-22-2005 10:24 AM

As an aside, we went back to my hometown, 500 miles away, for Thanksgiving a few years ago. On a whim, my sister and I headed over to H.H. Gregg to look at camcorders. As my sister was filling out an application for a credit card...a guy I'd dated off and on for nearly 8 years walked by. While that may not seem strange, add in the fact that he'd moved away himself six years before to another state.

In answer to your question, though...probably a restaurant, movie theater, elementary school...or cruising the clearance aisles of the nearby stores. :D

Stolen Kisses 02-22-2005 10:26 AM

I tend to go to Uno's to eat, or to the mall to shop. If I am lucky I get to the movies. Other than that I am a home body. I need a life! LOL

Pita 02-22-2005 10:43 AM

You will find me at Wal-Mart. If you hear some bitching that is me in the pet aisle wondering why a super store can't carry my brand of cat litter. :hair:

Lilith 02-22-2005 12:26 PM

...at a locally owned little book store, or maybe (if the have a college or university) at local theater, any recognizable performer's concert, or at a bead show

AngelicVampires 02-22-2005 12:30 PM

In a city huh? Well, although I prefer being at home in the country, if I happened to find myself in the city I would probably be at a movie theatre (or if Phantom of the Opera was onstage somewhere, I'd be camped out there), or at a Starbucks. :jump:

OR, most likely....a pet store with cute and cuddly critters! :x:

Lilith 02-22-2005 12:32 PM

WI where would I have to go to find you?????

dicksbro 02-22-2005 12:44 PM

Just think of it ... people from all over the world ... and here we are ... meeting again at Pixies.

Obviously, IT IS THE PLACE TO BE!!! :D

wyndhy 02-22-2005 12:55 PM

well, i'd probably be home so you might have to come over to my house. we could bump into each other there.

BIBI 02-22-2005 01:40 PM

I could be many places but one thing I am sure of.....I would look like crap that day! ;)

WildIrish 02-22-2005 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith
WI where would I have to go to find you?????

Turn around quickly and I'm sure you'll catch a glimpse. :D

Actually, if anyone remembers the bookstore Ellen worked at on her tv show. It was a great looking place to just hang out. There was a small coffee counter and plenty of places to sit & read. I think I'd spend a lot of time there.

osuche 02-22-2005 01:55 PM

You'd find me at a Barnes & Noble or similarly large book store, perusing either the Literature sections or the Business books.

I'm also quite likely found at any sushi restaurant, local gym, or local coffee shop (I'll be the one drinking the green tea). :D

Lilith 02-22-2005 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildIrish
Turn around quickly and I'm sure you'll catch a glimpse. :D

Actually, if anyone remembers the bookstore Ellen worked at on her tv show. It was a great looking place to just hang out. There was a small coffee counter and plenty of places to sit & read. I think I'd spend a lot of time there.

If they have a good African American studies section, I'm there;) buy me a cup of coffee?

WildIrish 02-22-2005 03:15 PM

I'll buy you the special house blend...

wildirish coffee :D

Lilith 02-22-2005 03:26 PM

You know I'm crazy about you but I'm gonna be :mad: if there's :sperm: floating in my coffee:D