Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Reflections (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17976)

Lilith 12-24-2003 09:41 AM

Reflections

This is the time of year people begin to reflect on the passing year. I know that this past year has brought much joy and some tribulations to many of you. I am grateful to those of you who have shared them with me and other members here. The frank openess and honesty of many members is what makes Pixies more than just a website but a home away from home for many of us. The frantic rush to try to find solutions to keep us together back in July, was proof to anyone that the people here truly love and respect one another.

I want to take this opportunity to thank the new owners, Sharniqua, dicksbro, fzzy, and STO~ who make up a fabulous moderation team, and everyone who contributes to making this site a fun, friendly place where people feel free to express their sexuality without ridicule or chastizing.

I just wanted to let you all know that when I reflect over the past year, it's the conversations I have had with many of you that comprise much of the joy I have experienced. Your friendship has meant so much to me.

I hope that all of you have a wonderful holiday season and that the New Year brings you more happiness than you know what to do with. Much love to you all~~~~~~> Lil

Please add the things that you find in your reflections over the past year too!

LixyChick 12-24-2003 09:47 AM

(((((((Lilith)))))))

Very eloquently said and I TY! Add your name to that list of mods....and the list is complete and perfect!

I'll reflect better as soon as I wipe these tears from my eyes...but just wanted to say TY and wish you and yours a very happy and healthy holiday season as well!

*sniffle*

IAKaraokeGirl 12-24-2003 09:54 AM

I'm not sure I can add to anything that's already been said, other than my life is a much brighter and better place to be because of that day last January when I stumbled upon the place I'm now proud to call my home. If I could, I'd reach out and give all of you a big hug in appreciation--for the warm welcome I received, for pulling me in and adopting me readily into the Pixies family, for the nights I sat here at my computer and just giggled in the games, for the support when things just weren't going quite right, but, most of all, for the friendship. It's hard to focus on the "bad" things in your life when you can feel so much love radiating from so many people.

Bring on the new year--and may it bring the best of all things possible to you and yours.

PantyFanatic 12-24-2003 10:25 AM

You just won’t stop, will you Lil?

This has been a incredibly eventful year for many of us in many ways. The aspect of this being a very important place with extremely real people isn’t relenting with threads like this. With the panic of July came many spontaneous reactions and efforts that only documented how important it is to all of us.

It’s not a place, but the people that we feel the closeness to and want to share our thoughts, true feelings and ourselves with. Isn’t that the ideals of “family”? Where we do it isn’t important as long as there is one. The people that own and daily run that place are what makes it possible. That makes THIS place important and me, very grateful to the people that do that job.

Thank you all for being here and doing the job.:)

It’s still about the people from this prospective Lil. lol ;)

Damn! I hate group hugs.:mad: (love group gropes:D, but hate group hugs:o )

Ryan² 12-24-2003 11:57 AM

Well done for the speech Lilith. I may bave only been here just over a week but I am certainly enjoying my time here.

*opens arms to Lilith for a hug...waits*

BTW Lilith: I got to the end of reading your speech and realised it was you. As you have changed your avatar, I thought you were someone else.

Steph 12-24-2003 12:56 PM

This place is crazy, isn't it? We've shared pretty much everything :) I've got some great Pixie friends and I hope 2004 rocks for us all!

Now stop calling me, PF! :D

dm383 12-24-2003 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Steph
This place is crazy, isn't it? We've shared pretty much everything :) I've got some great Pixie friends and I hope 2004 rocks for us all!

Now stop calling me, PF! :D

But, I've NEVER called you PF sweetie!! :confused:

(Ooops..... missed the "comma" there!! :o )

I'd just like to add my felic..... flick........ ah feck,,,,,,

HAPPY XMAS PIXIES!!

DM :D

Lilith 12-24-2003 07:32 PM

You guys slay me^^^^^

gekkogecko 12-24-2003 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lilith
You guys slay me^^^^^

I have no desire to do that.

Beating you into submission is another story.

PantyFanatic 12-24-2003 09:03 PM

They promised they wouldn’t tell you all the things I call you

Quote:
Now stop calling me, PF!

Ahh. What the fell. It’s Christmas.:xmas:

So you’re not evil and vengeful and heartless and conniving and venomous and nagging and malicious and spiteful and wicked and ruthless and cruel and mean and fiendish and lethal and devious and despicable and without love and respect for panties.:o

.... but just for today.;)

fzzy 12-25-2003 12:18 AM

I too want to express my appreciation for the people of pixies ... I don't get to be here as often now that I'm gainfully employed again, but when I'm here it feels so much like home. I feel so blessed just to have association with so many of you, Lilith ... you ROCK!!!! thank you for setting a tone that I can only hope to emulate. Thanks to STO, Sharni, Dicksbro, our new owners, Lixy, Steph, Irish, PF, ....... and every other person who takes the time to play, read and/or comment on this site .... you make it a wonderful place to be! :)

BigBear57 12-25-2003 04:23 AM

I'd like to offer my mirroring of the admiration, and appreciation expressed. Pixie's new owners have managed to keep this site "special". That in itself is cause for thanks.
I appreciate all the smiles you folks have given me as well as hope inspired from caring posts.
Pixie's people ALL ROCK and I'm proud to be here associated with each of you. Here's hoping for more and better in the coming year.
I'm smiling (in spite of the kids getting me up at 3AM) even brighter with thoughts of waking on Christmas morning and managing to be here under Fzzy..... what a way to start my day. :p

fzzy 12-25-2003 11:45 AM

LOL Bigbear! now I'm under you! :)

BigBear57 12-25-2003 12:38 PM

Oh Fzzy, you DO know how to make a bear smile. Sadly this is as close to physical contact as I'll come today.... still it has its merits. Just imagining..... brings a lump to my.... ummmm boxers.

Sharni 12-25-2003 05:43 PM

Pixies has been a part of my life for many years now...The people make Pixies what it is

Members have come and gone...but have always left something of themselves or taken a bit of me away with them...

I've laughed with you...cried with you

You have all enriched my life in your own ways...and for that i love you all!

Pixites~ you truely are beautiful ppl