Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   It's September, so guess what time of year it is??? (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29020)

1nutworld 09-15-2006 07:06 PM

It's September, so guess what time of year it is???

Give up???

Yes, it's football season, but that's not what I'm talking about........

Its that time of year where the politicians and groups start their badgering of everyone to get votes and all those wonderful things.

While even I........the NON-political person that I am, admit that some of the groups and efforts are valid, I LOATHE the means in-which they go about their efforts.

LIKE the one that prompted this thread.

The automated voice on my phone that tells me to vote for a particular proposition.

Is there ANYONE that can help me figure out how to keep from getting all these delightfully-interupting calls?

Aqua 09-15-2006 07:12 PM

Turn off your phone service.

Yup, I think that's about it. :rolleyes:

Lilith 09-15-2006 07:14 PM

caller ID

answering machine

1nutworld 09-15-2006 07:16 PM

ok...BESIDES those obvious answers??

You Smart-asses.!!

Lilith 09-15-2006 07:18 PM

register as an independent :p

maddy 09-15-2006 07:24 PM

Get your number into the national do not call registry.

jseal 09-15-2006 07:33 PM

1nutworld,

Political solicitations are, I believe, exempt from the FCC‘s Do-Not-Call Registry.

Because the machines some use may call incrementally starting from a base number, unlisted or unpublished number will not prevent these calls.

Caller ID was very useful in helping us avoid political telephone solicitors during these past primaries.

If you discover better tools, please share! :)

rockintime 09-15-2006 07:45 PM

I agree, these political :fone: are political :spam: and make me :curse: so here's some :help: :

I get these calls at home but not on my cell, so an option is to go totally cellular.

VOIP may also keep these from getting through to you...not sure about that, though.

jseal 09-15-2006 08:25 PM

rockintime,

Interesting. That does make going totally cellular more attractive.

Grumble 09-17-2006 03:01 AM

September

Ah for me September means the arrival of spring, winter is over, much general yayness :cheerlead

Also it is the month of football finals, The Australian Football League (Aussie Rules) and the National Rugby League hit the business end of the season.

The Australian Cricket Team (World Test and One Day Champions) are playing a One day Tournament in Malaysia, a warm up for the International Cricket Council Intercontinental Cup to be held in Pakistan,India and Sri Lanka in October.

Then the battle for the Ashes, the Test Cricket showdown between Australia and England to be played in Australia. First and Second in world rankings.

I bet that means nothing to most of you but there is a world out there where things happen :).

dicksbro 09-17-2006 04:02 AM

It means October is only two weeks away now.