Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Sex Talk (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   And it's Bama with the rebound!!!!!! (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33173)

BamaKyttn 07-24-2008 09:29 PM

And it's Bama with the rebound!!!!!!

okay so..... lets talk about rebound relationships....

I went from a 6-7 year relationship with a woman who was 10 years older than me very controlling and didn't allow me friends and in less than a week from leaving her I was swallowing my sorrows among other things with a young man 3 years my junior who had not known a womans attentions previously. I've been accused of faulty thinking based on rebound. I have not been single since I was 15. has my entire dating life been rebound???

any other thoughts?

Kyttn

Tigerlily78 07-24-2008 09:31 PM

It's hard to say....if you learned what you wanted and needed from the first relationship, maybe this one isn't so much of a rebound as a fresh start

BamaKyttn 07-24-2008 09:41 PM

I went from a man 12 years older than me, through 4 or 5 other men one woman and then I broke my only two rules to be with my darling. my rules no one younger than me and no virgins. as of yet I don't regret it. I'm hoping you're right sweetgirl!

scotzoidman 07-24-2008 09:46 PM

Rebound or fresh start, it's always a tough call. As long as you're not transferring negative feelings from the previous bad relationship to the new one, or taking unresolved anger out on the new lover (two sides of the same coin, IMO), it's all good.

Love the one you're with.

Tigerlily78 07-24-2008 09:50 PM

My first major relationship lasted 3 years, and I grew to hate his neediness...this relationship (which is pretty much over, except for selling the house and filing papers) taught me that I need to be with someone who adores me and wants to make me happy (and fulfilled). I'm hoping that those lessons will help me choose better next time, so I vote for fresh starts :)

Prophet Reality 07-24-2008 10:54 PM

Ok... we are all here to learn lessons. As long as you are learning from your relationships then it is all good. Also as long as there is no falsehoods involved in the relationship and each party knows where the other stands then it is all good.

And finally, as long as you are happy with it all then it is good. As long as you are not trying to confirm yourself to another person and allowed to be who you are and when you want to be, I see nothing wrong with it.

My :2cents: worth

BamaKyttn 07-24-2008 10:59 PM

He's one of the most accepting people I've ever been with. I'm not ashamed of my body and other imperfections with him. maybe its because he has nothing else to compare me with other than movies and magazines and he knows that all make believe but it's wonderful, this is the most low-pressure relationship I've ever been blessed with

scotzoidman 07-24-2008 11:01 PM

^^^ the wise man speaks, & his :2cents: worth is well invested, even adjusted for inflation ;)

Prophet Reality 07-24-2008 11:01 PM

Then stick with it as your happy and things are going the way you want them to. Just remember that you are in charge of your life and destiny, no one else.

Lilith 07-24-2008 11:41 PM

He's/The relationship is like a yummy bowl of vanilla ice cream just waiting for you to make him/it into a sundae. You can add any toppings you want. If you don't like it you can scrape it off and pour more fudge on:D

BamaKyttn 07-24-2008 11:44 PM

or add some Kahlua and make a mudslide??

skyler_m 07-25-2008 03:42 PM

I dated a woman for 5 years. When I realized that I couldn't wake up to her every day for the rest of my life, I ended things. I met a woman a few weeks later. We started dating immediately, moved in together in a few months... and will celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary next week.

The bad part is that we are on different continents for our 10th. LOL

PantyFanatic 07-25-2008 04:41 PM

We are all exploring in different ways, all our lives. As long as you land in a new place naked, (without baggage) you may be able to explore together for a long time. :thumb:

BamaKyttn 07-25-2008 07:27 PM

I realize that I come with lots of baggage lol hell two of my ex boyfriends are (now) pixies!

Welcome Ditch420!

but I also realize that none of that is Lord Snows' problem or his fault. there are times I flinch there are times I panic and can't breathe but thankfully he's patient and kind and knows I'm damaged.

Ditch and Souls both know how little I value myself as does LS and some of my other darling pixies who've had the misfortune to stumble upon me during a dark time. it's evident in my first posts to Pixies lo those many years ago. I'm very thankful for my pixie family. and I love each and every one of you for the support you give one another and me.

Kyttn

Scarecrow 07-25-2008 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaKyttn
I realize that I come with lots of baggage lol hell two of my ex boyfriends are (now) pixies!

Welcome Ditch420!

but I also realize that none of that is Lord Snows' problem or his fault. there are times I flinch there are times I panic and can't breathe but thankfully he's patient and kind and knows I'm damaged.

Ditch and Souls both know how little I value myself as does LS and some of my other darling pixies who've had the misfortune to stumble upon me during a dark time. it's evident in my first posts to Pixies lo those many years ago. I'm very thankful for my pixie family. and I love each and every one of you for the support you give one another and me.

Kyttn

You know we are glad to be here for you, just don't corrupt that young fellow any more than he needs. :thumbs: