Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Sex Talk (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Romance-- What do you find romantic ? (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9584)

Pussy Willow 10-22-2002 04:33 PM

Romance-- What do you find romantic ?

1 Attachment(s)
I was just wondering what you all wonderful people do for
romance. I need a few ideas.....

Hubby and I just had our 18th anniversary and I would like to
find a way to put a little romance back into our lives.

Our sex life is fine........

But, romance is much more than just sex, don't you think?

It's wooing him or her all over again,

It's getting back that rush of young love, the freshness, the
newness, the ahhhhhhhhh............

What do you think ????

dicksbro 10-22-2002 04:43 PM

Someplace I shared that my wife and I have really enjoyed the several times we rented a "fantasy suite" at hotels within a few hours of here. South Bend, Wisc.; Muscatine, Iowa; and the DonQ near Madison, Wisconsin come to mind. Last room we rented was Cinderalla's room where our bed was like a carriage with the room designed to resemble a wooded area. TV and VCR were in the bed. Our jacuzzi was her glass slipper. Had a great time. We had a ball ... er ... good time! :D :D

Hope the two of you find a fun way to enjoy together, too! ;)

Scarecrow 10-22-2002 05:10 PM

Dicksbro you should try the one in Clinton, Il. it's the Sunset Inns & Suites. The Rain Forest room is really nice.

Oldfart 10-23-2002 08:32 AM

Romantic is the things that tug the heart-strings, often

unintentional and usually unforseen.

Often confused with a surge of lust.

Steph 10-23-2002 10:25 AM

Devote the entire day to each other, lots of strawberries, chocolate, candles, massage oils, sexy music and movies . . . and congratulations on your anniversary!

BlondeCurlGirl 10-23-2002 11:48 AM

Gotta go with Steph on this one... sounds like a perfect way to get in a romantic mood...

dannyk 10-23-2002 04:34 PM

Usually reliving the things you did when you first dated / met tends to work. Whether it be candlelit dinners, picnics, moonlit strolls, flowers... the things that you may have stopped doing. :p

Vintage Vixen 10-24-2002 12:02 AM

Hmm romance doesn't always start out sexually....i think there's been times when we were in N.H. going target shooting and no one else was at the range just us...i found that kinda romantic lol.
Any time we've been able to travel ,cuddling.Sexually there's nothing better than taking it slow and totally getting into it.Oh and then there was the time with the spray cheese in the can;)
Now if cheese in a can dosen't screem romance nothin does...it was sooooo good.God Bless Kraft :)

quisath 10-24-2002 12:45 AM

Sexy outfits and doing things you don't normally do. For Example....................a Bath with a whole bunch of Candles strategically located ..............no lights on and some nice Merlot.

A.K.'s Sex-Pot 10-25-2002 03:34 PM

I do that on my own!! Lol.

Of course ity's usually followed by some rampant masturbation, so it's a technique that obviously works!!! :)

Love note on the car windscreen is a good 'little thing' to do. As is breakfast in bed (which no-one other than my sister has ever done for me).

A good 'big thing' is to arrange to do something with your partner just because they like to do it, regardless of whether it's your cup of tea or not. A guy who would be willing to do something he wasn't really fussed on but that he knew I'd enjoy (like going to the ballet or something) would just melt my heart everytime.

A little bit of self sacrifice is very romantic and weirdly enough it feels just as good to be the one doing the sacrificing as it does to be the one being 'treated'. The happiness on your partner's face is just so rewarding.

Vintage Vixen 10-25-2002 06:13 PM

As an add on to my earlier post...this past Valentines Day we were at the mall each of us choosing gifts for each other i went my way,he his way.To me sense of humor is incredibly sexy so when i got my gift which was a Harley nightshirt and a vibrator along with the explanation that if i didn't like the nightshirt i could use the vibe and go fuck myself lol...i thought he put his sense of humor and his heart into it and i found that sexy and romantic.Not to mention that we had a great nite :)

P.S. I gave him a sappy card and the SIMPSONS first season boxed set on dvd....which we both enjoyed :) He was quite happy
too!

Murphy 10-25-2002 06:43 PM

Romantic? What's that? No, seriously, with an over-active 7yo girl in the house, I'm lucky if I get any at all, let alone have the time to get relly romantic. Candles....soft instrumental "Atmospheres" music....fireplace crackling....cuddled up nekkid under a warm fuzzy blanket just holding and stroking eachother for hours....mmmmm

2-4-tea 10-25-2002 06:59 PM

for me romance is with who I am with the passion they have in the relationship its the way I see there eyes that make me get going the way they kiss . I love to be romantic with someone is would like to be held on the beach late at night sharing a bottle of wine kissing as the waves come in at us and making love as the sun rises

Sugarsprinkles 10-25-2002 08:40 PM

In all honesty, I really don't know anymore what I think is romantic. My husband, good man that he is, doesn't have a romantic bone in his body and never has. Candlelight dinners? "I wanna see what I'm eating!". Only two years ago, after 28 yrs. of marriage, he bought me flowers for the FIRST time! And at that it was at Costco (like Sam's Club). We were shopping...it was near Mother's Day, they had bouquets of roses for sale....."Oh those are so pretty!" "You want some?.......Go pick one" And what is so incredibly sad is that I was thrilled to pieces! First time he'd EVER bought me flowers, and an actual Mother's Day present! Don't get me wrong...in so very many important ways he's a good man, good father, and good husband. But "romance"? It just isn't part of his make-up.
And therefore not part of my life for so long that I honestly don't know what is and isn't romantic to me anymore.

RandyGal 10-27-2002 10:39 PM

Romantic.

Nothing says romantic like a rock.

I'm serious. :D

I love rocks, stones, interesting trinkets......and hubby works in a mine. They blow up rocks.
Several times he's brought home a special rock for me to see...

it was incredibly romantic and sweet to know that even while he was at work, he still thought of me, and went out of his way to bring me a treasure.

Murga 10-27-2002 11:47 PM

scaring here with a big boo and then giggling like idiots.

Sharni 10-28-2002 04:05 AM

Romance....whats that???????? ;)

legend 10-28-2002 07:32 AM

being told how much you mean to the other person

SOULMINER 10-28-2002 04:36 PM

My "FRIEND" and I were talking about this a week or two ago, and I asked her what she thought was romantic. She reminded me of a time during our first date (which was 4 days long) when we were brushing our teeth together, saying she found that kind of romantic and intimate. I think, in hindsight, that a lot of romance can be found in the little things. Holding hands, sitting together on a park bench eating ice cream, watching kids playing in a fountain, staring deeply into each others eyes over a pint (or two!!!). I think those are the things that keep people romantically connected cuz, lets face it, if you have to wait for the "perfect" moment to romance each other you may miss the daily things that really bring, and keep, people close.

Murphy 10-28-2002 04:45 PM

I'm here for you

Quote:
Originally posted by Sugarsprinkles
Don't get me wrong...in so very many important ways he's a good man, good father, and good husband. But "romance"? It just isn't part of his make-up.
And therefore not part of my life for so long that I honestly don't know what is and isn't romantic to me anymore.

I'm so saddened that so many men these days feel that way. Upbringing, brainwashing by the military, or just the "Macho" stereotyping, whatever the cause, it's stupid to ignore your woman's need to be shown love and romance. Thanks to Uncle Sam's Misguided Children, it took a very good woman several years to get me out of "Spock Mode". I hope that someday soon your man will smap out of it and give you the romance you deserve.

*hugs* for you SS

Sugarsprinkles 10-28-2002 08:28 PM

Thanks so much for the *hugs*, Murphy. I hope he snaps out of it too, but I don't know if it's something he can simply "snap out of".
I think it's just something that's such a part of his nature there's not much likelihood that he'll change. I do appreciate him for all his good qualities, of which there are many. But it sure would be nice to get flowers, or candy.......do something other than a movie and dinner for our anniversary. <*sigh*>

*many hugs* to you too, Murphy!

Murphy 10-28-2002 08:33 PM

*tips hat and smiles*

IAKaraokeGirl 10-25-2004 03:16 PM

*bump*

<----is imagining those times that kleclere comes up silently behind her while she is doing dishes, wraps his arms around her after brushing her blonde hair aside, and plants soft kisses up and down her neck...all in an effort to distract her away from the practical to the romantic.

WildIrish 10-25-2004 03:34 PM

I find it romantic to learn that I was thought of during the time we were apart. After a lengthy business trip, Mrs. WI mentioned to me that she doesn't sleep well without me in the bed with her. Nothing sexual, just being there. I thought it was very romantic to know that she feels comforted by my presence.

IAKaraokeGirl 10-25-2004 03:54 PM

The emails I get that not only say "I love you," but the ones that end with, "I miss you."

imaginewithme 10-25-2004 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAKaraokeGirl
The emails I get that not only say "I love you," but the ones that end with, "I miss you."

Yes, I love those too.

BigBear57 10-25-2004 07:13 PM

Romantic? To me it's waking in the morning to find the need to snuggle closer to her and feeling her respond with a sleepy smile or a quick morning kiss. Being perfectly content to watch her slowly awaken in my arms. Just knowing you each want to be right where you are at that moment is bliss. Alas, a bliss that has escaped me for a time. One day..... I hope to find that once more I'm in the comforts of love and all else will be icing on the cake.

wyndhy 10-26-2004 10:18 AM

kissing. when he kisses me, not necessarily with tongue, and then we just rest our foreheads together, or he tucks my head against his shoulder, wraps his arms around me and we just listen to each other breathe.

osuche 10-26-2004 10:22 AM

Romance? It's when he:

* Listens patiently and makes good suggestions when I question the meaning of life
* E-mails me love poems
* Leaves me voice messages composed only of the words "snuggle" and "cuddle"
* Thinks I'm beautiful, intelligent, and capable....even when I am in doubt
* Tells me that I screwed up...In the nicest possible way
* Spends time with me, even when I know he doesn't have it to spare
* Shares his dreams of our future together

kathy1 10-27-2004 04:06 AM

a quick spontaneous cuddle, hug or touch .....his being silly just to make me laugh......

Belial 10-27-2004 06:24 AM

The way she says "Please" before she says "fuck off and die" :D

jk.

Firebabe 10-27-2004 06:36 AM

The way he says "I want you" after a romantic evening with candles and all

nikki1979 10-27-2004 06:44 AM

most romantic thing hubby has done was to email me after i went to sleep, knowing the first thing i do int he morning is check my email, so the first thing i saw was "I LOVE U MORE THAN I CAN EVER POSSIBLE SAY OR SHOW , I WISH YOU ONLY KNEW HOW MUCH" i was so teary after that, he is RARLEY romantic

~nikki

Salacious 10-28-2004 08:45 PM

Many years ago ... when our relationship was fresh and new and love filled ... and we actually spent time together I did crazy things in the name of romance. One that stands out in my mind and I know he still has, was something I made while we were living 60 miles apart and only saw each other on the weekends.

What I did was to rewrite the Publisher's Clearing House Sweepstakes and make it a Sweepstakes for a Weekend of Sex. I cut out phrases from my Cosmpolitan's and typed up pages and pages of Entry Rules and possible prize packages he could "win."

I spent several days making it, used construction paper and my old Smith Corona typewriter (shhhhh - I know) and anyways, it came from the heart and was made just for him. I required him to enter the contest by writing an essay on why he thought he should win the sweepstake. I thought it was a clever way to challenge him and would be fun!

Long story short I tried to recreate it in power point a while back, thinking maybe I'd try to resurect it electronically.. however I haven't sent it yet. Maybe it will give someone an idea to try. It probably needs some editing.

But it's an idea. Good Luck and I hope you find a winner!

sodaklostsoul 10-30-2004 12:57 PM

Having a candle lit bath waiting for me melted my heart.

Coming out from the shower to find him naked and waiting only to put on a CD of music he made up for me brought the tears of happiness.

No matter what a person does little or big, if it comes from the heart it can be romantic.

WildIrish 10-30-2004 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodaklostsoul
No matter what a person does little or big, if it comes from the heart it can be romantic.

That's it! That's the key, right there. Little things can be just as meaningful as big ones when they're done with love in mind.

osuche 10-30-2004 11:01 PM

I brought him back a long-sleeved t-shirt from University of Chicago....in the color I like best on him....as a little surprise present. He loved it. :)

SuzyQ 10-31-2004 12:14 AM

I like coffee in bed in the morning

imaginewithme 10-31-2004 10:42 AM

running his fingers softly over my entire face

cowgirltease 10-31-2004 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodaklostsoul
Having a candle lit bath waiting for me melted my heart.

Coming out from the shower to find him naked and waiting only to put on a CD of music he made up for me brought the tears of happiness.

Damn now you guys are gonna make ME cry!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you! :hug: