Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   Site Announcements (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Important: The End (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14896)

darogle 07-07-2003 11:05 PM

Kim,
I just read the bad news about the site closing down. I just wanted to send you a personal and heartfelt thanks for all you have done. You have given alot of people a great gift. You have given them a voice, an outlet, an education, a diversion, a creative outlet, happiness, a hobby, a release, fantasy and love. You have sparked countless friendships and even romance. What a great legacy you leave. Your site seemed to bring out the best in people. I am hardpressed to think of a time I saw a negative comment or feedback. The acceptance and tolerance strikes me still. This place of yours became a bit of a refuge for me. A place to find beauty in a world that is often ugly. So again, my thanks. Bless you.

BlondeCurlGirl 07-07-2003 11:29 PM

My sentiments echo much of what has already been said. I'm deeply saddened that this wonderful place must come to an end, but I am thankful that it existed for this long and it has introduced me to many friends and showed me another side of myself that has been hard to coax out of my "everyday" persona. This site has become a daily routine for me, and I regret that I will likely not make it to 1000 posts milestone. The loss of this site DOES feel like I'm losing so many friends with one swift punch in the stomach.
Thank you to Kim for all the hard work, and to each of our wonderful, dedicated moderators who also contributed their blood, sweat, and tears into the site. ((Hugs)) to Sharni for creating a Yahoo group so we can all maintain our contacts and still be our Pixies family in someway.
I hope to still see you all (all of whom I consider friends) in the chatroom and through e-mail or whatever.

Please keep in touch!! :) BlondeCurlGirl@yahoo.com

Licks and Hugs to all,
BCG

Passion Please 07-08-2003 12:47 AM

I am still quite new to the family here. But I have loved everything about Pixies and the people that make it what it is.

Kim thank you.. for all you have done, there has never been anything like it.

I am sure we will make a plan for the future and am keen to keep in contact with all my special friends, so please take down my yahoo and icq contacts and keep in touch and I will do the same.

Thanks again....

pinkbutton 07-08-2003 04:08 AM

i really cant belive it . This hasd come as a great shock to me and pudsey and we always kind of took pixies for granted that it would be there for infinity! silly i know! There is no other sex site like it anywhere it has got to be the best for sure and we will be so sorry to see it go. Thanks for all the hard work though kim and we wish everybody the best for the future.

Casperr 07-08-2003 06:24 AM

OK.

In light of Kim's last post, I propose the following compromise:

Kim's mini-pixies sounds like a great idea - the message boards and/or the stories remain on this site. And the Java chat. All held at her whim, of course.

Then, i suggest someone who is willing to undergo the task sets up another site for the pictures - which is a pay site. $ to be determined later.

From our point of view, everything would remain the same on this site, except the picture forums would be a link to the new site, which would be independently run.

I would suggest the new site - Pixies Pics? - keep largely the same format as here, but since I understand the vBulletin software that this site uses is expensive, it could be done with another messaging type software. That can also be worked out later.

What do you all think? This seems to be the most logical course of action, given what Kim said.
I am happy to moderate wherever needed, but in terms of actually running a site I have no experience and too much else on, I'm afraid.

So, I'm calling for feedback, Kim's thoughts, and volunteers.

Are we up for it?

CasperTG

Goddess_X 07-08-2003 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by CasperTG

I would suggest the new site - Pixies Pics? - keep largely the same format as here, but since I understand the vBulletin software that this site uses is expensive, it could be done with another messaging type software. That can also be worked out later. CasperTG

Wonderful Ideas Casp.

My only thought when I read this was...

in having a board in both places would this cause a division of members.. those who can pay and those that can't???

And if your gonna post at one...things kinda lose their sponteneity if your duel posting.

Not everyone is gonna be able to pay to see the pictures for a rainbow of reasons.

just my worthless opinion :D

xoxoxox

Vicious Tease 07-08-2003 08:38 AM

:(

What can I say? I just got settled in. I joined the yahoo group, but I'd rather be here. I'll accept any compromise we can come up with.

Casperr 07-08-2003 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Goddess_X
Wonderful Ideas Casp.

My only thought when I read this was...

in having a board in both places would this cause a division of members.. those who can pay and those that can't???

Well, I don't think so. I think it would be the same bunch of people - but those that want to look at pics would have to pay to do so. So yes, there's a division, but I can't think of any practical means of doing it any other way.

Quote:
And if your gonna post at one...things kinda lose their sponteneity if your duel posting.

Nope - the pics site is ONLY for pics and their replies etc. Just as you don't have general chat stuff in the pics forums now, you wouldn't on the new site. And no pics would be allowed on the message boards that remain here. So you wouldn't be posting twice - you'd post your normal message board stuff here, and post your pics/look at other peoples pics on the pay site.

I know not everyone will be able to pay, I don't have any miracle cures for that unfortunately. Suffice to say the pics are the biggest drain on the bandwidth, and therefore the biggest financial burden on Kim. So, as is too often in this cruel world, if you want something, you have to pay a price. Up until now, Kim has been paying that price. Now, I think it's up to those of us who want to look at/post pics to pay the price.

Would anyone want to volunteer to run the new site? Kim, would you be happy with this solution? What do the rest of you think?

CasperTG

Coaster 07-08-2003 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Aqua
Thanks Coaster... :p

iPS, Thanks Irish! I don't think Coaster meant any harm, at least I hope not, but I appreciate you getting my back. YOU da MAN! (Hmmmm, maybe that's not an appropriate compliment for an old biker... :p Just trust me... it's a compliment! :D)

You got it Aqua!:D :D These things do lose something in the translation.

I've met many wonderful people here.... I have visited with them daily. I've even PM'd some when I'm traveling in their area for sites to see and restaurants/clubs to check out. EVERYONE responded with great ideas... we were never let down....... can you tell I will miss all of this:(

Now I guess I'll have to avoid traveling to Rochester, NH !!:D ;) :) Just kiddin Irish...........

Irish 07-08-2003 10:05 AM

Coaster---Sorry.I've always been FIERCELY protective.It's
hard to break old hbits but I'm working on it,somewhat! Irish

Aqua 07-08-2003 04:54 PM

Re: Shock and Dismay!

Quote:
Originally posted by Boru
Would love to see just one more post from SugarFreeCandy or Nubian.

Good bye all, and Aqua....I LOVE your taste in pics, and the way you have inspired so many women to feed your hunger!

BORU

I totally agree with you Boru.. it would be great to see a post from either of those two.

And thanks, I know I'm not alone in my taste for the rear view... I think mayhaps I was just the most vocal about it. ;)

BlueSwede 07-08-2003 05:21 PM

CasperTG, I think your idea is excellent. I hope others will give their opinions about it soon, especially Kim.

grotochp 07-08-2003 06:01 PM

lost for words very sad

Booger 07-08-2003 06:10 PM

I can't beleave this is happening I don't beleave this is happening I won't beleave this is happening

A year from now well all still be here and skip will post a thread asking what where you doing when Kim tried to shut pixies down

Kim I don't think you realize what you have created here not just a web site this is a home for many. It's great that you are keeping a mini board open but it will still only be half a home with out everything here. I understand you have to do what is best for you. There has been many offers to help both with money and the work. Would you hand over the pixies if someone or a group would take over pixies from you?

to all those out there I have this to say don't go quietly in that night rage rage against the dying of the light

Irish 07-08-2003 06:33 PM

I hope people don't think that I'm"brown-noseing"because
I'm not.Even past Co.owners(bosses)will tell you that I'm
fairly outspoken!They ,eventually,put up with my shit,because
they learn that I'm good at what I do.Don't blame Kim!I've
been in enough executive positions,to know,that you can't
always do what you want to. Irish
P.S.In one boat building company,I was Foreman&Head Mechanic.
I had a crew of 13 people,not including myself.I,quickly,learned
that you can't very often make management&your guys,happy at
the same time!

Prophet Reality 07-08-2003 08:37 PM

To Kim thank you for a great experience. Through the 2 years that I have been invloved with Pixies I have meet some of the best people here. Many I have become friends with and some I would consider more then frineds and definitely family. It is sad that it has had to come to this, but nothing last forever. I just hope that many of us can keep in contact, and maybe even find other source to fulfill and maintain our hobbies. After all, we are a family, albeit a kinky one. So to all Pixies members, thank you for being a part of my world and life. And any that are interested in keeping in contact please email or IM me at duncan)gangrel@yahoo.com or the email in my bio.

Prophet Reality 07-08-2003 08:52 PM

Casper...your intentions are noble and well thought out. But as a few people have mentioned, having to pay to post pics or even see them I think will take away from the fun of this site. Now I know that this in not the best option, but I say that those that want to join Literotica.com's discussion board. Then we can form a forum that is labeled Pixies and everyone can go there and we can try to maintain our family there, at least for the posting of pics and such. I know that Literotica.com is not as friendly at first or has the special feeling that we have here, but it is a source until someone can come up with something else. These are my thoughts only.... take it or leave it!

Uncle Silky 07-08-2003 11:19 PM

*sucks teeth* welp... such is life. take it easy, kids. *casually salutes, then tosses a smokeball and scrambles onto a nearby rooftop like a ninja via grappling hook and leaps into the night*

Casperr 07-09-2003 05:20 AM

Prophet Reality,
I agree with everything you said about a pay site spoiling the Pixies spirit. I don't want to see any part of Pixies turn commercial if it can be helped. I was merely suggesting what I felt was the best solution to the problem of pixies taking up too much time and money. If I could have suggested an equally viable solution that kept everything free, of course i would have.

Now, I understand Kim is working with some people to ensure Pixies will remain totally free. This is great, and she has my full support as she always has. This is a fabulous site and will continue to be so for a very long time I'm sure.

Thanks again Kim, you're a champ!
CasperTG

dadaist 07-09-2003 08:55 AM

Even sites that I know started as free but started taking money just to keep the site operating still provide LOTS (if not all) of their website for free.
Several online comic strip sites do this. UserFriendly, Joy of Tech, Goats are three I can think of off the top of my head.
I know that 'powers that be' have their own thoughts and ideas and possibly issues, but the point I'm trying to make (I think :) ) is that you can still provide content to an interactive audience (all 3 of the above have forums and a devoted following), and have advertising (as pixies has done) AND still accept donations from those willing to donate, and above all, keep operating - WITHOUT feeling like they've 'gone commercial' or 'sold out.'

pinkbutton 07-09-2003 10:05 AM

kim please let us help if theres anything at all we can do then let us know and im sure everyone wil, be willing to do whatever is needed.

GingerV 07-09-2003 05:13 PM

Dang it all, I get back from vacation and catch this in the teeth? The only thought going through my mind is "but I just got here."

Deep sigh.

Axeman 07-09-2003 08:03 PM

I'm new at this... friend told me about this site... now it's going. Just want to say it was fun while it lasted. THANK YOU.

Bopper 07-09-2003 10:24 PM

Sigh. :( I haven't been here long...not much I can say...but sigh. :(

babybunny 07-10-2003 12:11 AM

*cries* This is sooooo sad. :( I havent been here *too* long but long enough to make some wonderful friends.

Lilith~PantyFantic~LoulaBelle~FussyPucker~KrzyKrn~ SkipThisOne~Aqua~LixyChick~IKAG~So many others.....I will miss you all...but you can find me on my yahoo addy listed in my profile.

*Hugs and Kisses to all*

~babybunny~

Ranger1930 07-10-2003 06:35 AM

*sighs sadly his head bowed*

Tis Truely a Sad day for all Perv's...

Ode to the Perv

Life is but the playground of Death
Death is only the beginning of life
In all things there is a Circle
In Stupidity there is Wisdom
In Arrogance there is Intelligence
To those that Lived, Ye have died
And awoken Many times, As for
we are all adults We know well
what that means. So, with that
Said all can just but hope for the Future
and Pray for Blue Skies and Green Grass
But for our case Wet kittys and Hard Cocks,
Stories of Unibridled Love, Loves first gleam,
Love Rediscovered, And Massive Perv Chat orgies =)
Well.. i think i've rambled enough.

Sorry to all if this is complete gibberish.. but i had to say something =/ Hopefully this brings my point around that pixies will never die as long as we all keep its spirit up.

ok... im done now... sorry.. im just sad =/

Bogart 07-10-2003 08:59 AM

I, too, haven't been here for long. And, unfortunately, I cannot visit here as regularly as I would like to. But, when I do get the chance, I thoroughly enjoy being here. During this brief time, I have discovered that this site has a unique personality of its own and have met some wonderful people here.

There has got to be a way, somehow, of perpetuating this site. I don't know how, but I'm willing to contribute any way I can.

If this site does meet its demise, I want to add a big "thanks" to Kim. It's been a great ride and way too short for me!

Stillwater 07-10-2003 11:59 AM

*watches Uncle Silky climbing onto the roof of the KFC, shaking his head in wonder*

The spirit behind Pixies was wonderfull. Entropy may claim the site, and may claim some of the friendships built but the feelings we've shared I'm sure will last a long, long time.

I didn't get to know many of you as much as I would like. I'm sure there are a few I would love to know very, very intimately. I wonder if I had a large enough hard drive that I couldn't just download four years worth of a society onto my harddrive, that whenever I felt lonely I could just turn it on and read some msg board I hadn't before.

I think Kims site has set out a principal. It may not be easy but she did something which I consider beautiful. Thank you.

please, send me a pm, I'm friendly, I swear ;)

mindboxer505 07-11-2003 04:11 AM

Stunned!!!!!!!

I came here at a low time in my life and the people like Lilith, Sugarfreecandy, Wicked Wanda, Sugarsprinkles all brought out the best in me and made me laught alot !
To Kim, wether this site is here or not, you have a family that cherishes you and will always have a place in their heart for you.
To my best friend on here, Lilith, youve brightened my day many a time hun and I thank you for it.
To Lorri, the first lady i talked to in a chat room......love ya lots sexxy lady !!
To the guys, Aqua, Nubian, and the rest........if any man ever viewed paradise, I think we have here, bro's !!!
To those that have been my friends I hope to see you around.......maybe in Lilith's Lair or the Yahoo group.
***raises a toast to Pixies Place****

TinTennessee 07-11-2003 04:12 AM

I like many others don't get the chance to visit as much as I would like, but I am really going to miss this place. I have come to realize Pixie's is a truely unique place where minds are open and people are not judgemental....that is a rare thing. I may be quiet and not have much to say, but I will miss all of you!!

south 07-11-2003 06:29 AM

Well I don’t believe that I can add anything more to all the sentiments that have been expressed already. Kim I have to hand it to you this has been one hell of a ride and you have every right to hold your head high and puff your chest out a bit, As you have truly conceived, gathered, built, maintained, groomed, and protected a truly special home.
Pixies has truly been a special place for me. I have had some wonderful conversations and quips with people from all over the world. There have been one or two disagreements along the way but everyone I “met” that gravitated here were open, kind, and sympathetic.
Pixies has been an education of sorts to me. Pixies has been a place to realize that the sexual parts of our being can flourish in an open forum along side of other personal interests without prejudice and censorship.
Honestly I never thought that I would post photos of myself on the web but this place makes you feel at ease to participate at what ever level you are comfortable and the longer I was here the more and more comfortable I became.
Kim Congratulations on a job well done.
Lilith….your devotion here has been a special thing and it seems to me that your efforts should not go unnoticed.
To all my friends sparing partners and fellow quipsters thanks for the good times and companionship.
In the short term I can be reached at southinpixieland@yahoo.com
Kim what more can be said but…..thank you

ndugu 07-11-2003 12:51 PM

sorry to hearof the close but ty

Sodbuster 07-11-2003 01:29 PM

Wow, this is a very sad thing indeed. I've been here quite a while and this is the first and only place I've ever posted pics of myself. I'll miss all the regulars and even the "one hit wonders" that post once or twice and are never seen again. I hope something can be done to keep some form of Pixie's going. We'll have to wait and see.

Thanks all, for a great run!

fooie 07-12-2003 09:13 AM

All good things come to an end, but sometimes it's very, very sad.

Adios.

Wicked Wanda 07-12-2003 11:36 AM

Oh Hell...
I found a place where I was not considered a freak nymphomaniac, (at least not to my face..) and it leaves.... this
saddens me so much, I truely don't know what to say...
Thank you KIM, LILITH, ( you were a Mom to me in so many ways) and everyone else.

Weeping,

Wanda (Linda)

dicksbro 07-12-2003 12:01 PM

It'll be interesting to see what Kim has in mind. I sure want something to continue. I love the pictures, but more than anything I've loved the sharing. Good times, bad times, even a few political discussions (arrg ... did I say that). It's the people that made Pixies so wonderful, so anything that keeps us all within talking distance in such an easy-to-use, friendly way is great.

Kim, what you put together is truely unique. Thanks just doesn't seem adequate in telling you what Pixies Place has meant.

P.S. ... can we keep our avatars? And the smilies? :D

sixsense 07-12-2003 10:50 PM

The cosmic answer: 42..

Thank you for the site. It was nice to see and read from real people versus the idealized sex that is promoted throughout the internet.

Sweet Thing 07-13-2003 09:37 AM

Well, I have been away for quite a while due to time constraints and now I come back to hear this devastating news. Oh what a sad, sad day for me. I too, would be willing to give monetarily to have this site continue. Thank You Kim and to everyone else who helped her along the way...you truly did a great thing by keeping this site running as long as you did. I will miss everyone.

Caffein 07-13-2003 11:29 PM

This happed when we were not here :( I will miss all of you. We keep our little yahoo group open for all of friends from here http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gogogogirl

Kim ,

I appreciate you providing this place, it has brought me a good deal of enjoyment, wonderful fellowship.

many hugs and Kisses Kim

kimmer22 07-14-2003 12:14 AM

I haven't been here in forever....but darn it was fun when i was a regular.....sad to see it go. what is the yahoo group for pixies?? cant find it anywhere....will join it!!