Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Sex Talk (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Romance-- What do you find romantic ? (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9584)

Murga 10-27-2002 11:47 PM

scaring here with a big boo and then giggling like idiots.

Sharni 10-28-2002 04:05 AM

Romance....whats that???????? ;)

legend 10-28-2002 07:32 AM

being told how much you mean to the other person

SOULMINER 10-28-2002 04:36 PM

My "FRIEND" and I were talking about this a week or two ago, and I asked her what she thought was romantic. She reminded me of a time during our first date (which was 4 days long) when we were brushing our teeth together, saying she found that kind of romantic and intimate. I think, in hindsight, that a lot of romance can be found in the little things. Holding hands, sitting together on a park bench eating ice cream, watching kids playing in a fountain, staring deeply into each others eyes over a pint (or two!!!). I think those are the things that keep people romantically connected cuz, lets face it, if you have to wait for the "perfect" moment to romance each other you may miss the daily things that really bring, and keep, people close.

Murphy 10-28-2002 04:45 PM

I'm here for you

Quote:
Originally posted by Sugarsprinkles
Don't get me wrong...in so very many important ways he's a good man, good father, and good husband. But "romance"? It just isn't part of his make-up.
And therefore not part of my life for so long that I honestly don't know what is and isn't romantic to me anymore.

I'm so saddened that so many men these days feel that way. Upbringing, brainwashing by the military, or just the "Macho" stereotyping, whatever the cause, it's stupid to ignore your woman's need to be shown love and romance. Thanks to Uncle Sam's Misguided Children, it took a very good woman several years to get me out of "Spock Mode". I hope that someday soon your man will smap out of it and give you the romance you deserve.

*hugs* for you SS

Sugarsprinkles 10-28-2002 08:28 PM

Thanks so much for the *hugs*, Murphy. I hope he snaps out of it too, but I don't know if it's something he can simply "snap out of".
I think it's just something that's such a part of his nature there's not much likelihood that he'll change. I do appreciate him for all his good qualities, of which there are many. But it sure would be nice to get flowers, or candy.......do something other than a movie and dinner for our anniversary. <*sigh*>

*many hugs* to you too, Murphy!

Murphy 10-28-2002 08:33 PM

*tips hat and smiles*

IAKaraokeGirl 10-25-2004 03:16 PM

*bump*

<----is imagining those times that kleclere comes up silently behind her while she is doing dishes, wraps his arms around her after brushing her blonde hair aside, and plants soft kisses up and down her neck...all in an effort to distract her away from the practical to the romantic.

WildIrish 10-25-2004 03:34 PM

I find it romantic to learn that I was thought of during the time we were apart. After a lengthy business trip, Mrs. WI mentioned to me that she doesn't sleep well without me in the bed with her. Nothing sexual, just being there. I thought it was very romantic to know that she feels comforted by my presence.

IAKaraokeGirl 10-25-2004 03:54 PM

The emails I get that not only say "I love you," but the ones that end with, "I miss you."

imaginewithme 10-25-2004 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAKaraokeGirl
The emails I get that not only say "I love you," but the ones that end with, "I miss you."

Yes, I love those too.

BigBear57 10-25-2004 07:13 PM

Romantic? To me it's waking in the morning to find the need to snuggle closer to her and feeling her respond with a sleepy smile or a quick morning kiss. Being perfectly content to watch her slowly awaken in my arms. Just knowing you each want to be right where you are at that moment is bliss. Alas, a bliss that has escaped me for a time. One day..... I hope to find that once more I'm in the comforts of love and all else will be icing on the cake.

wyndhy 10-26-2004 10:18 AM

kissing. when he kisses me, not necessarily with tongue, and then we just rest our foreheads together, or he tucks my head against his shoulder, wraps his arms around me and we just listen to each other breathe.

osuche 10-26-2004 10:22 AM

Romance? It's when he:

* Listens patiently and makes good suggestions when I question the meaning of life
* E-mails me love poems
* Leaves me voice messages composed only of the words "snuggle" and "cuddle"
* Thinks I'm beautiful, intelligent, and capable....even when I am in doubt
* Tells me that I screwed up...In the nicest possible way
* Spends time with me, even when I know he doesn't have it to spare
* Shares his dreams of our future together

kathy1 10-27-2004 04:06 AM

a quick spontaneous cuddle, hug or touch .....his being silly just to make me laugh......