PDA

View Full Version : To stay for LOVE or MONEY!

cockalot
09-04-2001, 06:12 AM
IF your in a realtionship should you stay with that person for LOVE or MONEY and why?

Lovediva
09-04-2001, 06:23 AM
Cockalot..sorry but I can't seem to figure you out. You ask all these questions and you have gotten some responses concering your relationship.
But here is my answer to your question....

Nowadays money is important..but to stay in a relationship because of money??? Your priorties are wrong...I was once married to a man who made big bucks but I wasn't happy (Not saying that I am happy now with the man I am with) But Love is why you should stay...not the money...if he is got some that is a bonus... but don't stay with a man if you don't love him....Moneyis not everything!!!!!!! Being in love is!!!!!!

nutworld
09-04-2001, 07:10 AM
Cockalot,

I would have to agree with Diva. Love IS special and a wonderful thing. $$$ comes and goes each month..just as though its brought by the wind. If you love him..then you should stay, if not and money's the only thing keeping you there, then as a friend of mine says...."beat feet" and leave.

It's just my opinion..and everyone knows what else an opinon is like.

Pussy Willow
09-04-2001, 02:39 PM
I'm an incurable romantic. I could never stay with someone
because of money.

It would have to be love or nothing at all.

Proof of this is that I'm still with my husband of 17 years, if
I were concerned about how much money he made, I'd have
left a long time ago.

Love is the only way to go, unless you both agree that it's
a strictly financial set-up, but even here I believe that there
has to be at least a basis for love.

See, I told ya I was an incurable romantic !!!!!!

m45
09-04-2001, 03:13 PM
The Beatles said it a long time ago.
"Money can't buy me love"
Money can't make you happy if you are not happy with your mate!
The money is not worth it if you are not happy!

Oldfart
09-06-2001, 03:09 PM
Cockalot,

You should only stay if you want to.

If you are the type for whom financial security is more important
than love, then stay.

If love and the general feeling of wellbeing are more important,
then make your decision.

It's up to you.

big_eyes
09-06-2001, 05:25 PM
You need to love someone to stay, money is the wrong motivator for a lasting relationship.

Prophet Reality
09-07-2001, 12:43 AM
Love is the strongest power in the whole Universe. Money is the downfall of almost everything that is pure and innocent. At least in my opinion. Love should be the prioprity, not money. Money is fleeting and only needed because of the money grubbing people of society. True happiness comes from loving a person and being loved. SO I say if money is the only reason, then it is time to take some of that money and leave for better pastures.