PDA

View Full Version : Lump in wife's breast

andrew
06-04-2002, 06:44 PM
Looking for any words of wisdom. My spouse found a breast lump. It is going to be checked, but it has really distressed both of us - love for her is intense, more than sex.

Any advice?

Ladies - any words on how you deal after and getting back to feeling feminine and sexy, yet not just a pair of tits etc?

Andrew - feeling very down.

mechdad
06-04-2002, 06:54 PM
ANDREW it may be benign and if it isn't it shouldn't matter to you. she will need your love and support more than any thing. her life is more important than a breast. good luck to you both

Lilith
06-04-2002, 07:00 PM
most lumps are not cancer....please feel free to pm me if you need anything....or need to talk. I have been through this myself and with loved ones. Knowledge is power!!!(((((((hugs)))))))

axe31
06-04-2002, 07:05 PM
i hope it turnes out ok for you and your spouse
talk it over with her she will need you what ever
the result of the test remember the medical staff
will help you too. you may get told to be strong
for her alot. if you need to let go and vent your anger
and frustation i think i can speak for all the pixie
family we are here for you vent away

sweetc0rn
06-05-2002, 01:11 AM
I agreed with Lilith here. Not all lumps mean Cancer. Some can just have it remove. Do check with the doc ASAP. If it is really cancer, it might not be as bad as what you though if u see ur doc soon. Good luck to u and ur wife, Andrew! ;)

Grumble
06-05-2002, 08:33 AM
you are doing the right thing, Andrew
Your love for your wife is a big factor no matter what the results are. Be there for her because she needs you right now.
My thoughts and wishes are with you and please use your Pixies family to give strength and comfort.

As others have said, many breast lumps are benign so dont cross bridges before you come to them. Plenty of reason for positives at the moment. Best of luck to you both

andrew
06-06-2002, 10:37 AM
Thank you all

Pixies people are truly great. It's very bizare, but all these words from people I've never met have comforted me, and thanks to those who sent private messages.

This is a tough time for us both, my spouse is holding it well, but i know she is scared. She can't stop feeling the lump and due to three grandparents dying from cancer she is apprehensive. we should see the Doc in 3-5 days and know the facts.

Once again thanks for all the support - friends, e-mailers, brothers and sisters.

love and hugs

Andrew

Wicked Wanda
06-08-2002, 07:56 AM
(Wearing a towel wrap, and skipping that damned nurse's uniform)
Sweetie, I am a nurse, and have seen countless women with these lumps, and all the fears that come with them. I still don't know how I would react if it were me.
You didn't say how old your wife is, but please know that breast cancer is very rare in young women, while benign cysts are common at EVERY age.
But, go to the doctor, and insist on a thorough exam, no matter what her age is, AND a mammogram (ouch! sigh...) maybe an ultrasound, and if there is any doubt, requests a fine needle aspiration. A good surgeon does it without an real scars, and the answer is pretty final.
HUGS
Please tell her to try not to worry too much until the answer comes.

WW

2-4-tea
06-08-2002, 08:17 AM
thoughts and prayers go out to you and your wife

legend
06-09-2002, 09:15 AM
good luck for when she goes to the Doc mate. :)

andrew
06-09-2002, 03:05 PM
Once again, huge thanks to you all.

Wicked wanda - thanks for your advice. i know that they are going to aspirate this Friday. Wife is Nurse (mainly ITU) so (un)fortunately she knows a lot of the issues - and is more scared!!!

Once again, loads of thanks and hugs.

This is a great e-family, love to meet you all for a beer or bottle of wine one-day!!

Andrew

Oldfart
06-10-2002, 05:40 AM
Andrew

Lumps, bumps and ills are tough.

Day by day, suck the joy from your time together.

andrew
06-14-2002, 04:03 PM
Dear folks -
GOOD NEWS

Today went with spouse for Hospital check - they are very sure that it is nothing to worry about - need to go back in one month but Dr is 99% sure that is it benign.

Thanks to all who gave support and warm words, especially lilith, Sharniqua, Sariah, wicked wanda etc - love to meet you all for a hug and a beer. Please let me know if you ever come to the UK.

Anyway a great day - musta done something as we had an amazing fuck fest!!!

Best of all things to all pixies people!

love andrew

Sugarsprinkles
06-14-2002, 04:09 PM
Great News, Andrew!! I'm so happy to know the doctor thinks it's nothing to worry about!
Prayers do get answered!

Sarriah
06-14-2002, 04:11 PM
Oh andrew thats GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!! im so happy for you both!!.
*HUG HUG HUG
Sar

dicksbro
06-14-2002, 04:29 PM
Andrew, that is good news. Been saying a few prayers and hope they helped :)

Wicked Wanda
06-14-2002, 06:50 PM
YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

WW

axe31
06-14-2002, 07:01 PM
very good news andrew i am glad for u both

sweetc0rn
06-14-2002, 10:19 PM
Thats great, andrew!

Lilith
06-15-2002, 12:31 AM
YAY!!!!!!!

Grumble
06-16-2002, 02:04 AM
Just got back from a week away and this is great news.

I am so glad for you both :)

Lovediva
06-16-2002, 09:47 AM
Great News Andrew!!! And woooohoooo on the fuck fest!!!!:D

andrew
06-16-2002, 02:32 PM
Wow

Thanks for all the messages - I feel so touched and cared about.

Things are looking so much better, the fuck fest continued into lots of quickie sex!!!

Love you all, best of all things.

What can I do for you ladies and gents?

Andrew

XX

scotzoidman
06-16-2002, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by andrew
Wow

Thanks for all the messages - I feel so touched and cared about.

Things are looking so much better, the fuck fest continued into lots of quickie sex!!!

Love you all, best of all things.

What can I do for you ladies and gents?

Andrew

XX Do what you've already done...be a part of the family here, & share in the joy & pain...