PDA

View Full Version : How Long Does It Take For BC To Kick In??

Stoned_Redneck
11-15-2001, 04:17 PM
My GF and I have just recently started having sex, and this is the first girl i have ever dated since i gave a crap about what might result from our actions that wasnt already on BC when I met her.. I have never been able to cum using a condom (have tried, gave up after 12 hours breaking for nothing but water, smokes and restroom) , and she feels bad that she cant get me off during sex, even though i tell her manually afterwards is fine, and for that matter safer on not having a child. So shes getting on Birth Control, and we are wondering how long of a period should we wait before having unprotected sex.. She is going on the pill, not the shot. I guess while i'm at it i could ask another question... On the subject of not bein able to cum w/ a condom, its hard enough w/o one.. I last on average not counting foreplay (which there is always a lot of) 4-6 hours before cumming, at times that is nice when i dont hafta work the next mornin, and im plenty refreshed anyways, but is there anyway to increse my response time for those times when i do hafta work or am tired already, or just runnin on a truncated time schedule??:confused:

biggun
11-15-2001, 04:22 PM
It would probably help if you didnt smoke alot of weed. I only say this because of your screen name. You may not even smoke. A buddy of mine had the same problem and cutting back on the smoke helped him.

fungirl
11-15-2001, 04:59 PM
Well when I started taking birth control pills I was told to wait 72 hours after my next period.But each person is different as is the type of birth control there on.Her doctor will tell her when it will be safe as will the pharmacist.As for you taking a long time to cum you might have her chew up some ice and mints there is something about that seems to get my husband off in a hurry.

Fungirl

Stoned_Redneck
11-15-2001, 07:55 PM
Well I would try the weed deal, cepti i was this way before i strted smoking a lot of weed. Thanks for the suggestion though

BluStarLite
11-16-2001, 10:39 PM
I was told a month after i started. assuming i had my normal period in that month. also, i have to say, BC doesnt prevent STDs just babies. Make sure you are both clean and free of verneral (sp?) diseases!

Stoned_Redneck
11-17-2001, 02:10 AM
Thank you for your input.. phew that do seem liek a long time.. lmao a whole nother month.... We are btoh clean, and in a monagamous relationnship, and hopefully the BC does do its job, don't need another kid to go with the one she already has already.. lmao...

sixsense
11-18-2001, 01:16 PM
Just wondering.. if it takes you that long for sex.. how long does it take for masturbation? I must say though whatever the case I am quite jealous!

ROCKHARD
11-18-2001, 02:48 PM
It takes about a month for them to kick in and then you are in good shape!!

Stoned_Redneck
11-19-2001, 09:13 AM
Takes me about 30 minutes to masturbate on a fast day..... I'm not sure whether your male or female, so i dunno if ur jealous of me or my gf, but believe me if ur jealous of me its no picnic in the park, gettin my back muscles to keep up with my libido.. lmao

rabbit
11-21-2001, 08:27 PM
SR.

1) I can tell you from personal experience that pot will stunt your libido. I am being presumptious here but biggun has a point (if you are smoking pot).

2) Try another brand of condoms. I went through a number before I discovered that the extra thins with lube are the best. A lot of times, I'll lead in with a dildo and that will make her pussy so hot that the sheer heat and wetness of her pussy will go right through condom as if I wasn't wearing one. What normally takes me 20 minutes will happen in 3.

Another option is to get fixed. I decided to take the leap and get a vasectomy in January so I'll be GUARANTEED to be a safe lay! LOL!!!!

rabbit

rockman
11-21-2001, 11:26 PM
I am a pharmacist, and the women should take one entire cycle of BC, before they are considered to be effective,be careful until then

katekate42
03-06-2002, 12:02 PM
Just browsing along and I thought I'd add this too: Smoking (anything) while taking birth control increases the risk of heart attacks and strokes by A LOT. Please be careful :o

NurseTraci
03-06-2002, 11:27 PM
HI, well first, being in the health field, I would never recommend unsafe sex, but if you do, birth control is one way to go. From the doctors that I have worked with say that it takes, if you have never taken birth control before, 3 months. You start the sunday after your period and you have to take it for up to three months before everything is back to normal and you are safe. If she is switching brands of birth control pills, it only takes a month to be effective. Until then have her try a female condom. This is actaully inserted into her vagina and can be left in there for, I believe, up to 6 hours. Good luck and make sure to be tested for STD's and AIDS.

mtavistar
03-07-2002, 06:47 PM
My boyfriend has troubles getting off from vaginal sex sometimes as well. This is our solution: first lots of manual work. Then one bout of sex where we go until I orgasm. Then we break, more manual, then sex again. He always gets off the second time around. Also, try different times of the day. For some reason night and morning tend not to work as well for him as mid afternoon.

sweetness
03-09-2002, 05:59 AM
It takes you that long to get off? Wow that is insane and I thought my boyfriend's 30mins to an hour was too long! I honestly like to have my one giant orgasm and then would rather call it quits. Instead I have to coax him into orgasm (moaning, groaning, dirty words) while thinking "please just finish". I suppose it is because I am still pretty tight though. I think it'd be cool to have a guy that cums quickly because a. he thinks you are HOT b. It feels "that good" to him and c. he'll probably feel guilty and wind up giving tons of oral pleasure. btw, I absolutely love foreplay but when my boyfriend gets turned on, he needs SEX. I'd love for him to just rest his hand gently on my thigh and move his fingers around the lines of my underwear. I could handle that for hours and would get so much more turned on than if he just started probing me. So guys, keep that in mind. With sexual touches etc, less can be more. For the breasts, don't suck them right away or even take off the bra right away. That just gets me so hot and bothered.