PDA

View Full Version : sharing computer

fungirl
11-09-2001, 07:29 PM
I'm new here and me and hubby share our computer we both have memberships to pixies and i want to know if theres a way to login seperately. trying not to sound stupid. help please!!!
thanks fungirl:(

Sharni
11-09-2001, 07:42 PM
Near the bottom of the forum page..on the right hand side...is "Log Out"...

when you want to change member...get the current user to log out and then the new user will get the option to log in

Hope that helps...:D..and you in no way sound stupid...if in doubt ask someone:)

Sharniqua

Irish
11-09-2001, 07:55 PM
fungirl---My Father always told me that the stupidest question that you could ask;was;the one that you didn't ask!I realise now
that everything that he told me made sense.When in doubt ask.
The people here will help you;if they can.If you don't know some-
thing;that's how you find out.ASK!Welcome and Good Luck!
Irish

elwood
11-09-2001, 08:30 PM
you could try opening the forum twice and login in 1 each.

if it dont work sorry it was just an idea

Sharni
11-09-2001, 08:34 PM
The two window idea doesnt work...well at least not on our puter....we've tried it:)

Sharniqua

fungirl
11-09-2001, 08:55 PM
thanks for the replies, apparently i'm not doing something right.:( sharniqua when I log out a message pops up cookies cleared then returns me back to the index with me still being logged. feeling dumber then ever:( is there something in the user cp i need to adjust??:(

Sharni
11-09-2001, 09:14 PM
Hmmmm...dont feel bad...we'll figure it out :)

In 'user cp'...click 'edit options'...go down till you find 'Automatically login when you return to the site? (uses cookies)'...if yes is chosen...try no

Save your changes and retry what i said before...

If it dont work post again and we'll try something different....

Sharniqua

fungirl
11-09-2001, 09:59 PM
Okay we finally got it figured out. We had to completely clear cookies from our computer, and now it works :) thank for all the help;)
fungirl

Sharni
11-09-2001, 10:06 PM
:)...Glad you got it sorted out...

Happy foruming:)

Sharniqua

TDK
11-10-2001, 12:06 AM
mmmmmm....cookies....

oops, wrong kind of cookies... :D