PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice

Starr
07-12-2001, 12:17 AM
Ok I really want this guy but he's taken....his gf lives far away and they dont see each other much....so how can i see if hes interested in me? I know its wrong but hes young and so am I and I'm very attracted to him and i'm shy about aproaching guys so what shall i do?

Starr

MrCuriousUSA
07-12-2001, 06:37 AM
Starr-

My first love turned out to be only "sort of taken" when we got together. We had been out together several times before I found out the ring on her "ring finger" that had a very large Light Blue stone, was a Blue Diamond engagement ring! She had a rich fiance who was an Army lieutenant stationed for 1 year in Germany.

I already knew Julie was obviously interested in me, but I was raised to be a Southern gentleman, and I was the one who said,
"Let's just be very good friends," and I backed off, even though I didn't want to. We had some of our college classes together, and less than two weeks later, as we were entering a lecture hall,
she asked, "Notice anything different?" As she stuck her left hand
in front of my nose, I saw it! (Actually I DIDN'T see it-VBG) The
ring was gone! We never got married, but we had enough going for several years that I don't regret much.

I don't believe anyone is really taken unless they are engaged,
(not always then!), married, or living together in a stable relationship. Try to find out exact info about his status. If he is even engaged, I advise you only be friendly to him, and if he is not truly taken, and you have any appeal to him, he may let you know like Julie showed me.

I've always been very shy, also, but if you find out he's not really seriously attached, try to get past your shyness. At the very least, make sure you are looking and acting your best when you know you will be seeing him. Better yet, if he's a decent guy, he will be very flattered if you can beat the shyness and tell him directly that you are interested in him.

Above all, take good care of YOUR heart, sweet lady.

:cool:

RW- MrCuriousUSA

Boz
07-12-2001, 06:56 AM
Starr -

let me just tell you that all you really can do is be "the friend". show this person your best qualities on a regular basis and let him decide. he will notice you if those traits are something he is looking for in a relationship.

however, i would not try to do anything devious or dishonest for his love. this will only hurt the end result, whatever it may be.

be true to you and all will be as it is supposed to.

good luck.
boz.