PDA

View Full Version : Plants. Any Questions or answers...

GreenChef
04-25-2007, 06:35 PM
Some things I know, some things I don't

Take a look at this one
My hibiscus, well one of them
And I just managed to propegate it
:rose: :daisy: :rose:

Lilith
04-25-2007, 06:56 PM
That's gorgeous! I just have a double red. Does it have a name?

GreenChef
04-25-2007, 07:49 PM
Actually I don't know the name. When I go to visit the Botanical gardens, I will ask my friend the name of it. It is from their private collection, I have a few cute things from there. I Also have a few other Hibiscus' including I think a double red (is it super frilly with more petals tham the usual ones?), plus their babies I keep making from time to time

Right, I just found it...
Hibiscus, Rose of China
I have no Idea how many plants I have. It is a rediculous number that's for certain.

GreenChef
04-25-2007, 08:45 PM
Here is one you have seen
This is a Passiflora, the flower of the Passion fruit.
The flower is incredibly beautiful, almost looks like something out of star trek but unfortunately only flowers for a day, then it closes up for good

Steph
04-26-2007, 12:53 AM
Marry me?

(technically, it *is* a question)

GreenChef
04-26-2007, 02:23 AM
Marry me?

(technically, it *is* a question)

It is indeed a question, a good one even.

Steph, When are you coming to Montreal? :spin:

rabbit
04-30-2007, 07:21 PM
The flower is incredibly beautiful, almost looks like something out of star trek but unfortunately only flowers for a day, then it closes up for good

I used to grow those in my garden when I lived in Florida. Lovely...

WildIrish
05-01-2007, 09:15 AM
Why the heck won't my hydrangea grow?

Everyone else has humongous blue hydrangeas and mine looks like five sticks in the ground. :(

Lilith
05-01-2007, 03:59 PM
does it have green buds? what kind of sun is it in?

WildIrish
05-01-2007, 04:31 PM
I'll try to take a picture of it tonight.

And it's been in full sun & now is in partial sun...with no difference at all between the two.

GreenChef
05-01-2007, 05:24 PM
'fraid I don't know much about hydrangea's.
actually last year was my first year with an actual outdoor garden, I have always had a pretty green apt and balcony
Last year was great I learned a lot, grew some great vegetables, (hmmm I wonder will I start to glow in the dark?...see below)
Now I have a problem
I have to go to a garden meeting this thursday to find out if we can grow vegetables. Turns out the soil might be contaminated. Aye ya yae... after waiting almost 10 years for a communal garden, turns out I might have gotten one of the contaminated plots.
I hear there are some plants you can grow that will suck all the bad stuff in the soil. Going to have to do some research

GreenChef
05-04-2007, 02:20 AM
YaY! and the lord deemed there will be vegetables.
Grow little veggies grow...

cyote
05-11-2007, 12:01 AM

My all time favorite..."The five petals and five sepals are the ten disciples less Judas & Peter. The corona filaments are the crown of thorns. The five stamen with anthers match the five sacred wounds & the three stigma the nails."

JP