PDA

View Full Version : Holy crap...the bestest birthday present EVER!

CrouchingBuddha
03-12-2007, 04:07 PM
Okay...my fiance just got me my birthday present. It's a bit early, but the hell if I'm complaining...

She got her nipples pierced! I never thought she'd do that...I've been fond of nipple piercings on women for awhile, and told her so, but never pushed her toward it because she's always balked at the idea.

Until she announced a few days ago that since she wanted to make this birthday (my 21st) special, she'd be getting them done.

So yeah. We just got back from that. My advice need is on the matter of after care.

Neither of us have had any body piercings before, so this is new territory. We've looked at some literature, and we got the (H2Ocean) spray stuff that the shop told us to use...but still, we're functioning on limited info.

So for those (especially women) who've had nipple piercings...advice?? Experiences? What's the best way to give aftercare? How long does aftercare last before things are considered 'okay'? Any kind of advice on this would be welcome.

And if you'll excuse me, I'm going to stare at my birthday presents for awhile :D

Loulabelle
03-13-2007, 04:56 AM
I know nothing about it, personally, but perhaps it would have been wise to read up on it properly BEFORE she had it done?!

1nutworld
03-13-2007, 07:31 AM
I would have thought that the place that did the piercing, would have given you specific instructions on care, and cleaning to maintain health.

Miss-Honey-Bee
03-13-2007, 01:06 PM
She's brave! I had 3 piercings, the woman who did all of them said her nipples were the most painful.

Salt water to keep the wounds clean, was the same with my tongue and belly piercings.

My tongue took 2 weeks to heal. My belly took 8 months, so it could be a while before you get to play with them.

x

CrouchingBuddha
03-13-2007, 01:34 PM
The people at the shop did give us instructions, yes. The thing is, the instructions were...not vague...but kind of non-specific on some things. And we're also getting some conflicting information, as we did do some reading up from various sources on care.

For instance, the guy told us to wait about eight weeks before removing what's in now. Whereas one place online has said 3 months, another has even said six to a year.

He told us it's okay to rotate the bars as long as we don't get crazy about it or do it regularly, but online says not to for like two weeks.

He said to wash them, and so did one of the places we looked online, but another says to keep them away from soap of any kind.

So we're kind of trying to figure out what of these things to go by. I think the guy was very professional and did his job well, so he probably knows what he's talking about, but I was just kind of looking for clarification from someone who's had the experience and came through it okay.

Thanks for the info Honey-Bee, it's appreciated :) We're using this H2Ocean stuff, which is specially treated salt water. So we've got the salt water covered :)

Anyone else have any advice or experience?

brownsfan
03-15-2007, 12:24 PM
I have had my penis pierced, (a PA) and my wife had her labia pierced and I can tell you that soaking the piercing in sea salt and warm water daily helps alot. Also, wash the piercing in a good antibacterial soap like liquid dial. When washing the piercing, it is good to lather it up and move it as much as possible. Dead skin cells will build up and need removed daily. The cells will form a white looking crust on your jewlery. It will probably take a month or so for all the dead cells to leave your body. Also, very important- Do Not lick her nipples until they are completely healed. You could infect them if you do this. One other thing, I sure hope your jewlery is a good surgical steel metal, not gold. Gold is not good for piercings. After you start to feel comfortable with the healing, feel free to move your piercing as much as possible. This will help stretch the hole good and will make it easier to advance up to the next size of jewlery if you wish to. Hope this helps and if you need anymore info feel free to ask me. Go Browns, it's a new year