PDA

View Full Version : What A Contrast

dicksbro
08-11-2005, 04:22 AM
Here is a picture captured showing what's happened in the midwest now that IAKG has moved ... and a second one showing the people of the NE reacting to her arrival.

I hear, also, that the cornfields are drying out and the crops failing. Oh, woe is us!

A study in contrasts ... if you ask me.

:D :D

jseal
08-11-2005, 06:25 AM
dicksbro,

I'm so sorry for you folk! Even the JPEGs are peeling away! :(

Scarecrow
08-11-2005, 04:13 PM
And now they are talking about plowing the cornfeilds under

bare4you
08-11-2005, 04:57 PM
That's right after they burn the crops which have already died for lack of sunshine!

PantyFanatic
08-11-2005, 08:39 PM
NAH NA NA NA NAH :p

You lost her! We got her!
:jump:
NAH NA NA NA NAH :D

osuche
08-11-2005, 08:41 PM
NAH NA NA NA NAH :p

You lost her! We got her!
:jump:
NAH NA NA NA NAH :D

Who's "we," old man? You live in the MidWest. :p

IAKaraokeGirl
08-11-2005, 09:15 PM
OMG, LMAO @ you all! :)

(Did I mention that I saw it was 94 in Iowa today...and I spent the entire day here not even running the air conditioner?) :D

PantyFanatic
08-12-2005, 05:04 AM
Who's "we," old man? You live in the MidWest. :p
I’m SO glad you mentioned that. :jump:
That is a subject I’ve LOOOOOOONG had an issue with. :rant:
There may have been some accuracy to that nomenclature from a political statehood prospective, almost two centuries ago, but there is NO geographic, tectonic, or current national political truth to that term. When Illinois became a state in 1818, Ohio was no longer in the “MidWest”, just as it was no longer part of the “Northwest Territory” when it became a state in 1803.

Considering only the continental United States, (from approx. 68° – 125° west longitude) at the extremes, that would make 97° the “middle” of the continent, running down a line near the Red River, (Dakotas east boundary) down to the tip of Texas. At best, it would make Ohio part of the “MidEast”. There is nothing “MID” or “WEST” about Ohio in relationship to the national borders, or the North American continent.:mad:

Thank you for your attention. Please resume perving. :D

(God, Pixies is wonderful! :D A place to vent ALL my frustrations. :D )