PDA

View Full Version : Past year reflection... new year ahead....

englishrose
12-29-2003, 03:29 PM
What is everybody's best memory of the year just past?
And, was there a worst moment?

What are you looking forward to/ planning on doing in the coming months?

As for me... this last year has been dissapointing :( ... I aim to make the next, one of my best... hopefully :)

x

RyanČ
12-29-2003, 03:51 PM
Gee, looking at your avatar, you look like a cutie (I take it you are female). Welcome to Pixies.

Anyway, back to the matter in hand, and:-

My highlight of 2003 was getting my dream car (Peugeot 206) and actually having the freedom to let rip (the car that is) and my low? Err. The biggest run in with my boss @ work. If I go into details, I'll end up typing an essay here.

englishrose
12-29-2003, 03:55 PM
Why thank you... such a compliment :)

congrats on the car.... i don't even drive, but already know the car i'm aiming for is a Jaguar XKR.... but then again, my dreams are always waaaay out of my reach ;)

hope you have a new year even better!

RyanČ
12-29-2003, 04:49 PM
And you hun. ;) No doubt 2004 will get off to a good start, but it would get off to an even better start if I saw a bit more of you.

What a :banner: you are.

englishrose
12-29-2003, 05:05 PM
Little Angel.... yes.... I like that...

Perhaps you shall see more of me.... maybe that's what the new year will bring....

PashkinThePanther
12-29-2003, 05:11 PM
Could be worse. could end up seeing more of me! Actually, i'm looking to settle down this year...

englishrose
12-29-2003, 05:13 PM
settle down, eh?... on the couch for a while?.... or with a special someone?

PashkinThePanther
12-29-2003, 05:15 PM
Bit of both actually, englishrose, but more the latter really, any volunteers? :D

englishrose
12-29-2003, 05:24 PM
Ahh.... so the special someone hasn't been.... located... yet?
perhaps this will be the year then ;)

PashkinThePanther
12-29-2003, 05:32 PM
Lets just say she has but I'm working on getting her to realise it. If you PM me englishrose, I point you to the organisation's website on which we both appear. But no-one else you hear! With a bit of luck we're going out for the New Year Eve party...

RyanČ
12-29-2003, 05:37 PM
Good luck AnimalNOT.

PashkinThePanther
12-29-2003, 05:40 PM
Let u all know at the end of the year!

LixyChick
12-30-2003, 06:05 AM
I'll start with the worst thing to happen..........Mr.Lixy was laid up for a month with back and leg pain (it was the pain in the leg and knee that put him down)!

Best........when he got up and walked out of the house and didn't come back in for an hour (instead of 2 minutes....which is as long as he could stand up for a while)!

And the prior year......on New Year's day.........him in the hospital getting a right hemi-colectomy (made a slice in him from breast bone to pelvic bone......right through his cute belly button)!

So.......I'm hoping the new year (2004) will just be blah!

Catch22
12-30-2003, 06:21 AM
I am in limbo. No good or bad. This year went quick. It was over before I knew it!

dicksbro
12-30-2003, 06:22 AM
Worst things were the loss of my brother and my wife's mom. I've no doubt they're now in a better place, but still, their loss was difficult.

Best? Gosh, there were so many "bests." The trips to our daughter's homes in Indianapolis and Cincinnati; the times with family and friends here at home; meeting a couple for the first time; spending the time here at Pixies; holiday picnics and the 4th of July fireworks; trips to the park and taking pictures around the area; ... it's almost like the other 363 days besides the two "worsts."

Guess I don't have much to complain about ... and for 2004 ... maybe more of the same. :)

Lilith
12-30-2003, 09:18 AM
Worst~ Loss of someone I treasured most.

Best~ Year in general! Healthy family, great friends, sublime lovers!

BigBear57
12-30-2003, 11:21 AM
Worst - Constant concern about my job and future. Seeing my brother lose his after 20 years.

Best - Seeing my kids grow into people I respect and admire. Enjoying their company more and more.

englishrose
12-30-2003, 03:32 PM
It's wonderful when something good makes the bad things bearable...

OzKristin
12-30-2003, 04:07 PM
this year was pretty productive...I'm still w/ my same sweetie and I love him just as much as I did when we first fell in love (its only approx. 2 1/2 yrs we've been together...but..still!) ;-)

RyanČ
12-30-2003, 06:26 PM
Bliss!

BIBI
12-30-2003, 07:45 PM
The best thing for me this past year has to be that my family and friends are all well and things are great for them...........

The worst was when both my dogs passed within 5 months of eachother. It may not be much in some people's books but it sure did break my heart.

SuccubusKitty
12-30-2003, 11:40 PM
Best~ New job, getting married, moving into a big house!, losing 25 pounds, taking up bellydancing, joining pixies.
Worst~ Losing my grandmother, wrecking my car, being "requested to quit", having to close my bank account due to lack of funds, being evicted...

Looks like even stevens....maybe next year will be even or even better :D

RyanČ
12-31-2003, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by englishrose
As for me... this last year has been dissapointing :( ... I aim to make the next, one of my best... hopefully :)

x Don't worry, I'll make your next year more enjoyable. ;)

Aqua
12-31-2003, 02:14 PM
This past year has been good...

Best thing... uhm... Besides a great relationship with a certain Pixie... ;) would probably be finally getting a drum kit. Something I have wanted since childhood.

Worst thing... Finding out for the SECOND time in my life that the guy I thought was my real Dad might not be my Dad after all. Although the silver lining is that I would be happier if the newest possible father turns out to be my Dad.

englishrose
12-31-2003, 07:50 PM
Ryan.... you are such a sweetie.... xx

osuche
01-01-2004, 12:45 AM
What is everybody's best memory of the year just past?
And, was there a worst moment?

Best? Losing my cushy and safe job and learning that I need more in my life than just a career.

Worst? Tie between getting dis-engaged with my (ex) fiance, and losing my grandmother to complaications from a heart attack (leaving my 82 year old grandfather alone)

Looking forward to in 2004? Discovering the secret to personal happiness -- a small goal :D

Ranger1930
01-01-2004, 02:34 AM
worst: dropping out of school, and quittin my job... depression sucks

best: the first time meagan said i love you.. my god that was the best

year in general: sucked liquid monkey ass

04: im going to be with meg... so hopefully good

RyanČ
01-01-2004, 09:15 AM
Ryan.... you are such a sweetie.... xx

I guess I'm just the forum's Agony Uncle.

Shash
01-21-2004, 03:19 AM
Rose with the gorgeous eyes... hope this year is a nice one...

worst of last year for me.. my wife didn't like one of her Christmas presents.. one I hoped she would

best.. a trip to southern France.. the architecture was overwhelming..

Mae
01-21-2004, 10:16 PM
Best...Leaving Las Vegas, NV. Everything clicked and went smoothly. It all just fell into place.

Worst...fighting occasional depression.