PDA

View Full Version : Silly Question

Slow Ride
06-20-2003, 10:39 PM
Can somebody tell me..............when you shave your pubs, what can you do about the nasty little red razor bumps?

*L* and it itches like hell !!!!!!

Cheyanne
06-20-2003, 10:41 PM
Bikini Zone. It is a cream and will get rid of the bumps and intchies... both Sex 24/7 and I use it and it works great..

Sharni
06-20-2003, 10:42 PM
Thats razor burn.....

I dont get the bumps anymore...thankfully...but when i did...i just used a good moisterizer and didn't scratch (scratching makes it worse)

Slow Ride
06-20-2003, 10:50 PM
thanks for the Info Ladies................at this point I'll try anything

*scratching* sorry Sharni..............I had to do it !!!!

Sharni
06-20-2003, 10:53 PM
LMAO...tis ok Slow Ride....i know how hard it is to resist

Sarriah
06-21-2003, 12:08 AM
Just make sure you SOAK before you shave, and baby oil AFTER you shave seems to work well too.... Seems there are many posts on this tho =)

Slow Ride
06-21-2003, 12:32 AM
Thank You sarriah............ I haven't tried soaking before,but I do use baby oil.

*looks at Sharni and scratches again*

Sarriah
06-21-2003, 12:37 AM
LOL yah its better not to shave every day either till your used to it. but soaking in HOt Shower or bath for a good 10mins before you shave works really good, make sure you use new razor with sharp blades BUT BE CAREFULL hehe =) and PSSST dont scratch hehe

Slow Ride
06-21-2003, 12:44 AM
Sarriah........... I'm really trying not to scratch........... I feel like I need to shower using a brush *L*

Thanks for your input

Lilith
06-21-2003, 12:55 AM
Slow Ride... I'll scratch yours if you scratch mine..... I am gonna rush out for that Bikini Zone tomorrow:o

Slow Ride
06-21-2003, 01:28 AM
*scratches Lilith's itchy spot with my itchy spot*

Lilith
06-21-2003, 07:50 AM
:o ;) :D

BlueSwede
06-21-2003, 03:08 PM
Everybody recommends Bikini Zone, and that product is fine. It contains a topical anesthetic gel (2% lidocaine) to take away a little of the pain and itching, and almost every place here sells it--grocery stores and drugstores. However, I hate the smell of it, and I find that a much better product is Bikini Plus, made by Sally Hansen. It is a little harder to find. Some Walgreen's and Wal-Mart's sell it, but not any in St. Louis. I got mine at a different drugstore chain. It's about the same price but is in a little bit larger-size tube (1.6 oz/45 g vs. 1 oz/28 g). It has almost no odor to it, and it contains an antihistamine (generic form of Benedryl) to relieve pain and itching but also contains an antibacterial to fight infection to keep you from getting the red bumps back again. I have very, very sensitive skin, and I can handle the Bikini Plus much better than the Bikini Zone. Sometimes the Bikini Zone burns like fire; the Bikini Plus never has.

Good luck finding either product! I also recommend that you use an antibacterial soap (most every brand of bar soap carries one these days) when you wash up either before or after.

If you are still having trouble getting those bumps, you might also want to alternate the Bikini Zone or Plus with a triple antibacterial ointment. Any brand will do. Walgreen's sells what they call a "first aid ointment," which has the same ingredients in it as their triple antibacterial ointment, but it is a dollar cheaper. The ointment is soothing and will help keep those bumps away.

BTW, that is not a silly question. Most of us who shave have at one time or another (or even yet!) have had a problem with those darned red bumps.

buffay
06-21-2003, 08:01 PM
I was told by Kimberly73 to use hair conditioner to shave and a fresh blade each time. I dont get razor burn anymore but i do get ingrown hairs...what can i do about those??

Slow Ride
06-21-2003, 08:42 PM
mmmmmmmmm I not sure buffay,but you might try a first aid ointment...........I know ingrown hairs hell like hell............I it really must hurt "down there"

thank you everybody for all the advise......... this is better than Dear Abby !!!!!! *L*

LixyChick
06-22-2003, 12:45 AM
I didn't know Abby shaved her pussy!!!!!!??????

ROFLMFAO!

Slow Ride
06-22-2003, 12:52 AM
now Lixy..................I'm thinking that your knowing what I'ma saying.

but,now that you mention it...........I wonder if !!!!!!!

ericthered
06-22-2003, 06:08 PM
Shaving is for double-jointed masochists who can see around corners. Get yourself a good depilatory cream. It leaves much smoother for much longer, and there are never any ingrown hairs. It might take a few tries to pcik one that suits your skin, but it's worth the effort. Milady is currently in love with Marzena which is quick and easy, and contains an inhibitor to slow regrowth.

BlueSwede
06-22-2003, 10:36 PM
I bought a number of containers of the Marzena---regular and for sensitive skin. Like an idiot, I tried the regular first. It burned the heck out of me; I was sored for days. I still plan to try the sensitive; if I have problems w/it, too, I'll gladly send the remaining containers I haven't opened to whomever would want them. I think I'm stuck with razors and electric shavers.

Casperr
06-23-2003, 08:44 AM
Buffay - the best way to get rid of ingrowns is to exfoliate after shaving.
Regular exfoliant that you would use on your face or whatever should be fine.

Hope this helps!
CasperTG

Cheyanne
07-07-2003, 01:18 AM
We have been looking at depilatory creams and all that we have found, cannot be used around the anus or vaginal areas..... :( Would luv to find some that can be used there..... sure would be easier..

dicksbro
07-07-2003, 04:04 AM
So much information. Pixies is simply THE place to go for all your personal needs. :D

(And your inter-personal ones, too! :D)

lilsquirt
07-29-2003, 04:45 AM
I'm wondering the same Cheyanne, a depillatory cream that is safe to use around the sensitive areas.

I wonder if the Laser Hair Removal people get many requests to remove pubes, i sure wouldn't mind losing mine permanently.

Ingrown hairs suck :(

osuche
08-08-2003, 10:27 PM
Anyone done the hair removal via electrolysis? I've been curious too...

dadaist
08-09-2003, 12:20 AM
Bah I'll stick to soap and a razor in the bath or shower. :p

Pussy Willow
08-09-2003, 07:04 PM
I find that if I use a nice sharp razor, it works better. Closer shave and less razor burn. I usually put a new blade in my razor if I've use it a few times, or I just use a new disposable one.

Hope this helps !!!

Fairy-Bird
08-13-2003, 01:46 PM
I've found that Jergens makes a wonderful product and I have absolutley fallen in love with it... Its a moisturizer but its also a hair growth inhibitor. Jergens "Naturally Smooth - shave minimizing moisturizer"

Works wonders! It takes a few weeks for it to inhibit the hair growth. Ive been using it for about a year and I rarely shave my legs any more...